UF water purifier
UF stands for ultrafiltration. It is water purification process which removes suspended particles and other large particles from water.
How does UF water purification work?
Ultrafiltration uses hollow fibers of a semi-permeable membrane that is large. Water is passed through the hollow fibers and pressure is applied across the membrane. Suspended particles and large impurities are filtered while water passes through the membrane.
It is almost the same as reverse osmosis (RO). The only different UF has large pores of membranes while RO has small pores. UF purification process you don’t use electricity like RO you only need a little pressure to purify water.
This method is best for tap water because this water is already treated by the municipal and mostly doesn’t contain germs, dissolved particles, and total dissolved salt (TDS) level is within the required limit.
What is UF water purifier?
UF water purifier uses Ultrafiltration method to remove impurities from water.
Advantages of UF water purifier
• No electricity is required to operate-UF water purifier doesn’t require electricity to operate you only need pressure from the ordinary tap water.
• Removes large particles from water
• No need for annual maintenance cost- It is easily maintained by manually removing blocked particles from membrane
• They are affordable compared to RO and UV water purifier
• It’s safe because no chemical is required in the process
• It doesn’t alter the taste or odor of water since no chemical is added.
• Remove all dead cells from water- when compared with UV water purifier that kills the microorganism’s bodies but doesn’t remove the dead cells from the water.
• Suitable for soft water but not hard water.
• Compatible with another method of purification
• If you take proper care, it can last up to 10 years
• A UF membrane is tough and doesn’t break easily so will never provide polluted water.
Disadvantages of UF water purifier
• It is not effective on its own. It’s effective when combined with another method of purification.
• Doesn’t remove dissolved impurities in water
• Cannot be used in water containing high TDS level
Best UF water purifier in the market
Etekcity Portable 1500L Emergency
It is a 3 stage filtration design that has Microns antibacterial activated carbon filter and hollow fiber UF membrane inline filter. It removes impurities such as chlorine, heavy metal, and organic contaminants
It uses 0.01-micron pores size
It is small and lightweight that makes it best for camping, hiking, and travelers.
It filters up to 1500l of clean water
It is a 3 stage filtration design and purifier straw which has Hollow Fiber (UF) Membrane with Activated Carbon (Charcoal) Filter and Sediment Pre-Filter
Odoland Camping Water Purifier
It’s a double filtration design that has Hollow Fiber UF Membrane & Antibacterial Carbon Filter. Makes it best to eliminate impurities such as heavy metal, chlorine, and microorganisms
It uses 0.01-micron pores size hollow fiber membrane inline filter
It Filters 1500l clean water that is 400ml per minute.
It is a perfect product for hiking, camping, and travelers.