UV water purifier
UV stands for ultraviolet. It is water purification methods that kill or inactivate waterborne micro-organisms. It destroys 99.99 % of waterborne micro-organisms.
Such microorganisms include
How does UV water purification work
UV water purification method uses Special lamps which emit UV light waves/ rays which are also called frequency. The unique lamp is surrounded by clear Quartz sleeve which prevents direct contact with water and prevents short circuits.
Water passes through the special lamps that emit UV light frequency. This UV light frequency penetrates through micro- organism DNA code, attacks, disrupts and rearranges microorganism DNA code causing them to become inactive and stop reproducing further.
The best frequency used to kill germs is 254nanometer (nm).
Most of the people fear this method because of exposure to ultraviolet rays which they believe cause cancer. The method is approved to be safe for human consumption because the process of exposing water to ultraviolet rays is done in an enclosed container causing no risk to the human being.
Also, it is safe since you don’t add chemicals to clean water.
Common components that are used in the ultraviolet method include:
- Sediment pre-filter
- UV lamp
- UV quartz sleeve
What is UV water purifier?
UV water purifier uses an ultraviolet (UV) method to clean water.
Advantages of UV water purifier
- Kills 99.99% of micro-organisms
- Do not alter the taste of water
- It is a chemical free process. No chemical is added when purifying water
- Low cost of maintenance because only sleeve and lamp are replaced annually
- Consume less energy. It uses the same energy consumed by tube lights
- Work together well with all another method of water purification
- Do not waste any water compared with RO method
Disadvantages of UV water purifier
- It only kills micro-organism but doesn’t remove heavy metals, salts, and chemicals
- If the water contains particles or is muddy UV light will not reach micro-organism because rays are blocked by particles.
- Most of Ro water purifier doesn’t come with water storage containers
- Requires electricity to operate
Best UV water purifier
- SteriPEN Adventurer Opti UV Water Purifier
- You dip SteriPEN Adventurer Opti UV Water Purifier in water for only 45 seconds and removes all microorganisms
- Destroys 99.99% of micro-organisms
- It is safe you don’t need to add Chemical purify water
- Doesn’t alter PH, taste, and odor of water
- It uses rechargeable battery so you can carry it anywhere
- It’s a good purifier for those who like traveling or go for picnic
- Reusable up to 8000 liters of water
- S8Q-PA VIQUA Home UltraViolet Water Disinfection System
- It Kills micro-organisms
- It best water treatment for homes with flow rate of 10 gallons per minute
- You don’t need to turn off the water so as you change the UV lamp
- It has audible alarm for system failure
- It uses 39 watts almost the same as tube lights
- Mountop Portable Water Purifier (750ml)
- Eliminates microbiological contaminants
- It is perfect for travelers.
- Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier Whole House UV Sterilizer 12 GPM +2 Extra Bulbs
- It kills impurities such as bacteria, algae, viruses, microbes and fungi
- 12 Gallon Per Minute UV Ultraviolet Sterilizer Water Filtration units
- Comes with two extra bulbs
- It uses UV lamp of 55watts