When buying a countertop water filter, one of the things you should check is the type. There are different types of countertop water filters, and in this article, we will write about the best countertop gravity water filter.
Best countertop gravity water filter comparisons
How do countertop gravity water filter works
Gravity water filters use gravity to push water into the filter to remove contaminants. There are two types of gravity water filters countertop and hanging.
Both types have two chambers, upper and lower. The countertop has a chamber made from plastic or stainless steel, while the hanging is made from silicone and is ideal for travel, backpacking, or hiking.
A countertop gravity water filter uses gravity to pull water through the filter. It consists of two chambers: the upper and lower.
The upper and lower chambers are divided by the filter.
When you add unfiltered water to the upper chamber, it passes through the filter or cartridge that is in between. The filter removes all contaminants, and filtered water goes through the lower chamber.
The lower chamber is where filtered water is stored and has a spout or spigot where treated water gets out.
Read best countertop water filter dispenser.
Advantages of countertop gravity water filter
- It requires no electricity to operate.
- No installation is required.
- It can sit on a tabletop, a desk, a water filter stand, or a kitchen top.
- It can be used in areas with no running water at the tap.
- It requires low maintenance; you are only required to change the filter and clean the chambers.
Disadvantages of countertop gravity water filter
- It is tiresome to keep on adding water.
- The water filtration process takes a long time.
What to look for when buying
The countertop gravity water filter requires space to sit on either the countertop, desk, or table. Make sure the space you choose will fit because they come in different sizes.
- Chamber size
As said earlier, the countertop gravity water filter consists of two chambers: the upper and the bottom. The upper holds unfiltered water and the bottom holds filtered water, so you know how much amount of water each chamber holds.
- Contaminants it removes
Every water source has different contaminants. Make sure you choose a unit that removes contaminants present in your water source.
- Filter replacement
The countertop gravity water filter uses a cartridge that does not last forever. After treating water for some time, the cartridge needs to be replaced. Do you know after how long you are supposed to change the cartridge?
Most cartridges last for roughly 6–12 months.
See our page about countertop water filter replacement cartridges for help choosing the right filter for your system.
- Chamber material
Chambers are made of different materials, such as stainless steel, plastic, or even glass.
Choose the material that suits you.
- Additional features
Remineralization stages- some countertop gravity water filters have a stage called remineralization. Such a unit not only removes contaminants but adds important minerals such as calcium and magnesium that increase the PH of water from 7 and above, providing alkaline water.
Best countertop gravity water filter 2022
- Big Berkey BK4X2
- Alexapure Pro Stainless Steel Water Filtration System
- ZEN water systems 4 Gallon
- Santevia Gravity Water System – Countertop Model
- Propur Big Countertop Gravity Water Filter System
- Doulton British Berkefeld Gravity Water Filter System
- AquaRain Model 202 Gravity Water Filter
- Watens Countertop Water Filter System
- Aquacera Pioneer SS Gravity Water Filter
- SHTFandGO Gravity Well Ultra Water Filter Purifier with UVC Sterilizer for Virus
- Doulton W9340100 HFK Household Gravity-Fed Water Filter
- Aquapail – Gravity-fed water filter, 1,100 gallons
- Aquacera AquaVas Stoneware Gravity Filter System
- Nikken 1 Waterfall Gravity Water Filter Purifier System (1384)
- TRK Drip Ceradyn Gravity Personal or Group Water Filter