Even though much of the water from the taps meet the required requirements, it is not safe for drinking. Filtering or purifying water in your home makes you guarantee that you are drinking clean water. The countertop water filter is one of the most popular water filtering systems. Having said that in this article we have reviewed the best countertop water filter.
A countertop water filter is one of the easiest ways to filter water because it needs simple installation and no plumbing is required. The filter is placed on top of kitchen countertop.
Top 15 Best countertop water filter comparison chart
What you need to know before buying a countertop water filter
- Space – you need adequate space on top of your counter if not so you might consider the under sink water filter.
- Impurities the system can filter.
- How much water your family can consume every day. The most countertop water filter can filter water for a family of six. Also, the more water you consume the more frequent you will have to change the filter.
- Know the contaminants that are in your water so that you know the right system to filter the impurities.
All water filters require being replaced cartridges after a given period of time. The same case applies to countertop water filter some brands need to be replaced after every four months up to one year.
Choose the countertop water filter that can take long to replace and the cost is affordable.
What others are reading
- Water Filters Ultimate Buyers Guide Ever
- Buyers guide on how to choose the best water softener
- Water purifier buyers guide
Types of countertop water filter.
There are different types of countertop water filter that you can choose from. This include
Countertop Water Filter Dispenser
A filter dispenser has an upper chamber and lower chamber. Upper chamber consists of a container/tank where contaminated water is poured to run through the filters on the lower chamber.
The filter dispenser does not require electricity to operate, do not need any installation; it can sit on any countertop either in the office or kitchen.
The only disadvantage is keeping on adding water and waiting for couples of hours for the whole process.
Other articles you might like:
It is a filter installed in your faucet system to clean the water before it runs out of the tap.
Some require a specialized plumber to install the whole system.
Countertop reverse osmosis filter
This type of Countertop filter use reverse osmosis membrane to filter contaminated water.
They are suitable for homes with high exposure to heavy metals and spacious kitchen countertops.
Countertop water distiller
Countertop alkaline water filter
This type of countertop water filter has a PH level adjusted.
Advantages of countertop water filter
- Easy to install and doesn’t require plumbing to change or fix.
- The most countertop water filter uses a combination of different filtration with multiple stages, providing clean water for drinking.
- The filter is replaced once in a year.
- They don’t clog easily if compared with faucet and pitcher filter
- It keeps reminding you to drink more water- countertop water filter are placed on more visible place compared to other filters such as under sink or whole house water filter which is placed under the counter or water filter pitcher which is put in a fridge. So when the water filter is on your countertop it encourages taking recommended water every day.
Disadvantages of countertop water filter
- They take countertop space
- They don’t fit all faucets, so you need to purchase an adapter.
- They take a long time to distill water or instance you can take five hours to distill one gallon.
Review of Top 15 Best countertop water filter
How to install a countertop water filter
Installing the countertop water filter is simple, no professional or plumbing is required.
The countertop water filter has a diverter valve to replace. This is the only part you need most.
Unscrew aerator of the tap
Screw the water filter diverter and you are done.
How a countertop water filter works
Most of the countertop water filters in different stages and each one of them is responsible to remove specific contaminants present in your water.
If you have small space under sink and you are looking for a less expensive way to provide your family with clean water for drinking, cooking and another home use countertop water filter is a good choice for you.
In our review of the top 15 Best countertop water filter reviews in 2018, we have provided various water filters that remove different contaminants. Make sure you read the review thoroughly so as you choose the best water filter that will remove impurities present in your water.
If you are using countertop in your house please let us know which model you are using and how is doing in the comment section below.
- Best Uf water purifier
- Best faucet water filters
- Ro spare parts
- Reverse osmosis water system
- UV water purifiers
- Best whole house water filter
- best water purification tablet
- Best portable water filter
- Best under sink water filter
- Best glass water filter pitcher
- Water softener parts
- Best countertop water filter
- Salt-based water softeners
- Best salt-free water softener
- Best water softener salt
- Best water conditioner
- Water softener cleaner