- Comparison table
- Best faucet mount water filter
- Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter
- Faucet water filter fluoride
- Alkaline water faucet filter
- Bathroom faucet water filter
- Do faucet water filter work?
- Which is better Pur and Brita faucet water filter
- Which is better faucet filter or pitcher filter
- How long does a Pur faucet filter last?
- Do faucet water filters remove chlorine?
- What is the best Faucet water filter
Home tap water look safe and clean for human consumption, but that not the case. It contains potentially unsafe contaminants picked up on its way through old pipes/household plumbing. Water filter faucet and pitcher helps remove such contaminants.
Also, most countries have municipalities that provide treated safe water direct from the tap, but the water might be contaminated as it is transported through the pipes.
The impurities can be harmful and pose threat to our health.
Therefore it is advisable to make sure you filter your water to remove harmful contaminants and the economical way to do that is to install a faucet water filter or water filter pitcher.
What is faucet water filter
Faucet water filters provide filtered water directly from the tap.
They are installed to the faucet and filter water as you use it.
The best faucet water filter that produces safe water for drinking is the one that treats your water using a multi-stage filtration method.
What to consider when buying faucet water filter
Before buying faucet water filter make sure it has the following features
Although most faucet water filter fits almost all taps make sure it fits on the tap you are planning to install.
- Meet certification standards
The best water filters should meet all safety standard such as the EPA standard and certified by NSF or WQA.
This guarantees you are getting quality water for human consumption.
- Impurities it removes
Be aware of a contaminant that exists in your water. This will help you choose the right faucet water filter that removes the particular impurity in your water.
The faucet water filter is made of different materials like plastic and metal. Metal is sturdy compared to the plastic material, hold tight, and does not leak.
The more capacity the faucet water filter has means you don’t need to change the cartridges frequently therefore helps save money.
- Maintenance cost
Filters need to be replaced frequently or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Make sure the filter you choose is easily available at a fair price.
Also, remember the bigger the size of your cartridge the more expensive to replace it.
Types of faucet water filter
There are two different types of faucet water filter.
No matter the type you choose both removes all impurities present in your tap water.
- Direct flow through faucet water filter
This filter is attached at the end of the faucet. It requires regular replacement to guarantee efficient performance.
- Side offsets flow through faucet water filter
The filter is fixed indirect positioning on the faucet. This type uses dedicated faucet that is installed separately.
Since it is not installed direct in the line of kitchen faucet the cartridges last longer.
This type is more expensive and you require to install dedicated faucet.
Advantages of Faucet water filters
- It is easy to install if you are attaching it to a faucet or you are not installing a separate faucet
- It filters a large amount of water compared to pitcher filters
- It produces quality water if it uses a multi-stage method
- Reduce odors and provide water with great taste
- Most of them have an extra valve which you can switch between filtered and unfiltered water
Disadvantages of Faucet water filters
- It cannot be installed on all faucets without adapters. Check this specification before purchasing
- Some of the faucet water filters reduce water flow in a faucet. Note the required water pressure rate/ filtration rate is between 55-65 Psi.
- The filter needs to be replaced every three months compared to other filters like under sink filters where you replace after one year.
How to install Faucet water filter
Water filter faucet is installed in two ways
- Installing direct in already existing kitchen faucet
- installing using a separate dedicated faucet
How to install direct in already existing kitchen faucet
Remove the aerator from the faucet.
Clean off any rust or stain that may have developed.
Then fix your filtration system.
Read step by step guide on how to install a filter in already existing faucet here
Watch the video below to the end to learn how to install Faucet filter with a separate dedicated faucet
How faucet water filter work
All faucet water filter uses cartridge to remove contaminants in the tap water.
The difference between brands each uses different stages to remove contaminants.
Most faucet filter treats water in various stages, which include.
Once the water enters in the filter, it passes through the first stage called sediment filter, which removes large particles like sediment and dust.
Then the water passed to the second stage called activated carbon filter.
The carbon water filter is capable of removing impurities such as chlorine, herbicides, mercury, and bacteria.
Reverse osmosis water filters
It has a thin acetate membrane where water is passed through the membrane using force. The filter requires being replaced after 2-3 years.
How to replace faucet Water filter Cartridge
Faucet water filter uses cartridge to remove contaminants in the tap water.
The cartridge requires to be replaced after using it for a specific period.
Replacing the cartridge is done differently depending on the brand you have.
Some brands make their brand with filter change indicator that warns you it’s the right to change the filter.
In case your filter does not have filter change indicator, you should mark the date to change the cartridge on the calendar.
For you to know the accurate date, most brands come with filter capacity, which is from 100 to 300 gallons.
To calculate the right day to change the cartridge, you should know an average person consumes 2 gallons of water in a day.
If you have a family of 4 in a day, you will consume 8 gallons. So a cartridge of capacity 300 gallons will last for 24-30 days.
So you need to replace once in the month.
Other manufactures emails when the right time reaches.
When you have a new cartridge at hand, remove the old cartridge and replace with the new one.
Watch the below video to learn faucet cartridge replacement.
Each brand has its replacement period, but this depends on water consumption in your household.
I hope our review and this guide will help you find the right water filter you need in your home.
If you require any help, you can use our comment section below, and we will try our best to assists. Thanks.
Do faucet water filter work?
Faucet water filter work does work. It helps remove contaminants that are present in your treated water.
Which is better Pur and Brita faucet water filter
If you want to spend less money on the filter and better-tasting water Brita faucet water filter is the best choice.
If you are looking for a filter that removes most contaminants Pur faucet water filter is the best choice.
Which is better faucet filter or pitcher filter
Faucet filter is better than pitcher.
The cartridge in the faucet filter lasts longer, removes more contaminants and has more features compared to pitcher cartridge.
How long does a Pur faucet filter last?
The PUR faucet filter lasts up to 40 gallons roughly one or two months.
Do faucet water filters remove chlorine?
Most faucet water filters help remove chlorine. If you want a faucet water filter that removes chlorine the cartridge must have different types of carbon filter such Granular activated carbon (GAC) or catalytic carbon media
What is the best Faucet water filter
The are different brands of faucet water filter in the market and most of them work almost the same. The best faucet water filter depends on the number of the factors such as contaminants the filter removes in water, capacity and more. You can find the best faucet water at https://www.vibrantsuppliers.com/best-faucet-water-filter/
- Best glass water filter pitcher
- Alkaline water filter pitcher
- Countertop water filter
- Ultrafiltration membrane system
- Shower head filter
- UV water filter
- Ro spare parts
- Reverse osmosis water system
- Best whole house water filter
- best water purification tablet
- Best portable water filter
- Best reusable water bottle
- Best water bottle for kids
- Water purifier buying guide
- water filter buying guide
- Best water filter pitcher