- Faucet mount water filter comparison
- Faucet mount water filter reviews
- Pur faucet mount water filter
- Culligan faucet mount water filter
- Faucet mount water filter for lead
- Faucet water filter fluoride
- Alkaline water faucet filter
- Do faucet water filter work?
- Which is better Pur and Brita faucet water filter
- Which is better faucet filter or pitcher filter
- How long does a Pur faucet filter last?
- Do faucet water filters remove chlorine?
Home tap water looks safe and clean for human consumption, but that is not the case. It contains potentially unsafe contaminants picked up on its way through old pipes/household plumbing. The faucet mount water filter and pitcher help remove such contaminants.
Faucet mount water filter comparison
What is a faucet mount water filter?
Faucet water filters provide filtered water directly from the tap.
They are installed on the faucet and filter water as you use it.
The best faucet water filter that produces safe water for drinking is the one that treats your water using a multi-stage filtration method.
This type of filter is mounted on a tap that has limited features.
It has an adapter that makes it easy to install to all standard sinks.
They also have a diverter valve which you can easily divert from tap water to filtered water.
Most countries have municipalities that provide treated safe water direct from the tap, but the water might be contaminated as it is transported through the pipes.
The impurities can be harmful and pose threat to our health.
Therefore it is advisable to make sure you filter your water to remove harmful contaminants and the economical way to do that is to install a faucet water filter, or water filter pitcher.
What is the best faucet mount water filter
The best mount faucet water filter includes:
- Best for fluoride and lead: Waterdrop Water Faucet Filtration System (WD-FC-01)
- Best horizontal: PUR PFM400H Chrome Horizontal Water Filtration Faucet Mount (pull-down)
- Pur faucet water filter vertical
- Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter
- Best for alkaline: Invigorated water-pH PURIFY Superior 8-Stage Faucet Filter
- DuPont WFFM350XCH Faucet Mount Premium Water Filtration Filter
- Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter System
- InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System
- Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System
- Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
- O-CONN Faucet Water Filter
- SJ wave 320-Gallon Water Filter for Faucet
- iSpring DF2-CHR Faucet Water Filter
- HOMY Faucet Mount Water Filter
- 1200-Gallon Water Faucet Filtration System by Hansing
What to consider when buying a faucet water filter
Before buying a faucet water filter make sure it has the following features
Although most faucet water filter fits almost all taps make sure it fits on the tap you are planning to install.
- Meet certification standards
The best water filters should meet all safety standards such as the EPA standard and be certified by NSF or WQA.
This guarantees you are getting quality water for human consumption.
- Impurities it removes
Be aware of a contaminant that exists in your water. This will help you choose the right faucet water filter that removes the particular impurity in your water.
The faucet water filter is made of different materials like plastic and metal. Metal is sturdy compared to the plastic material, holds tight, and does not leak.
The more capacity the faucet water filter has means you don’t need to change the cartridges frequently therefore helps save money.
- Maintenance cost
Filters need to be replaced frequently or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Make sure the filter you choose is easily available at a fair price.
Also, remember the bigger the size of your cartridge the more expensive to replace it.
Types of faucet water filter
There are two different types of faucet water filters.
No matter the type you choose both removes all impurities present in your tap water.
- Direct flow through faucet water filter
This filter is attached at the end of the faucet. It requires regular replacement to guarantee efficient performance.
- Side offsets flow through faucet water filter
The filter is fixed indirect positioning on the faucet. This type uses a dedicated faucet that is installed separately.
Since it is not installed directly in the line of the kitchen faucets the cartridges last longer.
This type is more expensive and you require to install the dedicated faucet.
Advantages of Faucet water filters
- It is easy to install if you are attaching it to a faucet or you are not installing a separate faucet
- It filters a large amount of water compared to pitcher filters
- It produces quality water if it uses a multi-stage method
- Reduce odors and provide water with great taste
- Most of them have an extra valve which you can switch between filtered and unfiltered water
Disadvantages of Faucet water filters
- It cannot be installed on all faucets without adapters. Check this specification before purchasing
- Some of the faucet water filters reduce water flow in a faucet. Note the required water pressure rate/ filtration rate is between 55-65 Psi.
- The filter needs to be replaced every three months compared to other filters like under sink filters where you replace after one year.
Faucet mount water filter reviews
Pur faucet mount water filter
Pur water filter faucet is available in either horizontal and vertical design.
Both mineral clear filter and the basic filter remove 99% of lead, and over 70 other contaminants, including 96% of mercury, 92% of certain pesticides, mercury, industrial pollutants, pharmaceuticals, and chlorine.
The basic filter does not have an ion exchange filter which removes natural minerals in water to provide crisps refreshing taste.
Pur horizontal faucet mount water filter
- Contaminants: pesticides, mercury, industrial pollutants, pharmaceuticals, chlorine, disinfection by-products, and lead
- Filter life: 3 months
- Replacement filter: PUR MineralClear filter
- Finishes: chrome, Grey, and stainless steel
It uses a PUR MineralClear filter that utilizes Maxion filter technology. The filter includes activated carbon and ion exchange filters that help remove mineral core for crisps and refreshing taste.
The filters require no tool for installation
The premium mineral clear filter is certified to filter removes 99% of lead, and over 70 other contaminants, including 96% of mercury, 92% of certain pesticides, mercury, industrial pollutants, pharmaceuticals, chlorine, disinfection by-products, and more
It is advised to filter 100 gallons and should be changed every three months to keep up maximum pollutant removal. Buy replacement filter using the link below.
A more visible clean sensor monitor indicates the filter status and always assures you will get safe drinking water direct from the tap.
This filter works well with standard faucets but is not compatible with pull-out or handheld faucets.
Pur water filter faucet with basic filter
The basic filter works the same as a mineral clear filter but does have an ion exchange filter to removes natural minerals in water to produce a crisp refreshing taste.
This Pur model works the same as the above PUR PFM400H but it is Bluetooth enabled. The Bluetooth works with a free app to track your water consumption and filter usage straight from your smartphone.
The vertical design works the same as the horizontal. The only difference is vertical and horizontal design. The vertical design is available in various finishes such as stainless steel, chrome, and grey.
PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter is certified to remove over 70 contaminants; including 96% of Mercury, 99% of Lead, and 92% of pesticides.
It has an electronic indicator to alert you when it’s time to change the filter.
Each filter has a filter capacity of 100 gallons and a filter life of 2-3 months. Buy replacement cartridge using below link
This filter will not work with pull-out or handheld faucets but is compatible with the standard faucet.
It purifies water using Maxion filter technology which is the Pur unique formulation for blending carbon and ion exchange for maximum contaminants removal.
Mineralclear filters water over a natural mineral for crisps, refreshing taste.
The easy-1-click installation makes it easy to remove and replace when you need extra space in the sink.
A 360-degree swivel makes the PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter fits most sinks.
High-quality construction, new finishes, and material stand up to high kitchen uses.
How Pur Advanced Faucet water filter works
- Removes mercury, lead, and pesticides
- Provide clean and crispy water
- Available in various finishes
- Maxion filter technology
- Some have a clean sensor monitor
- Electronic filter indicator
- Requires no tool to install
- Most amazon customers complain the filter is not working well and leaks
Pur faucet filter installation
Culligan faucet mount water filter
- Contaminants: sediment, odor, bad taste, turbidity, lindane, cryptosporidium, giardia cysts lead, chlorine, and atrazine
- Filter life: 2 months/200 gallons
- Replacement filter: Culligan FM-15RA Replacement Filter Cartridge
- Finish: chrome
Culligan FM-15A is one of the efficient faucet mount designs which reduces unpleasant odor in water and improves water taste.
This filter is best for removing impurities such as sediment, odor, bad taste, turbidity, lindane, cryptosporidium, giardia cysts lead, chlorine, and atrazine.
It includes an FM-15RA filter cartridge which has a cartridge-change sticker to remind you when it’s time to change the cartridge
Culligan FM-15A is NSF International certified against ANSI Standard 42 and 53 and has a warranty of 2 years.
The filter kit is mounted directly onto your existing faucet with no tools. You can quickly switch the filter from unfiltered to filtered water by only pulling the diverter valve system.
It includes adapters to fit all standard sink nozzles and does not fit the drop-down faucet.
This unit has a filter capacity of 200 gallons and a filters life of 2 months, so you change the filter after every two months. Buy a replacement cartridge using the link below.
The filtration rate of this filter ranges between 30-100 Psi.
Culligan FM-25 has a chrome finish and use Culligan FM-25R Faucet Mount Replacement Filter
The Culligan is available in a horizontal design with a chrome finish
It works the same as a vertical design
- No tool is required to install,
- removes atrazine, chlorine, lindane, lead, particulate, turbidity, odor and taste.
- it has diverter tab to switch from filtered and unfiltered water
- It is NSF certified
- It is available in only one white finishes
How to install the Culligan (FM-25 & FM-15A) Faucet Mount Filtration System
- Contaminants: sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead, and the clarity
- Filter life: 200 gallons
- Replacement filter: DuPont WFFMC300X Faucet Mount Water Filtration Cartridge
- Finish: chrome, brushed nickel, and white.
The filter easy-to-read electronic display indicates how many gallons the filter has cleaned and this helps measures filter life.
The electronic display is powered with 1-lithium metal batteries which are included.
DuPont faucet mount water filter improves taste and odor.
It is WQA certified to reduce sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead, and the clarity of your water.
It includes built-in to the cartridge housing and media for improved filter life and Microban Antimicrobial product protection.
This filter includes a carbon filter with a 200-gallon filter capacity. Buy replacement cartridge here DuPont WFFMC300X Ultra Protection
DuPont WFFM350XCH installs only with a pair of pliers and attaches to most standard faucets except kitchen faucets with a pull-down spray head.
The Dupont faucet mount water filter can be easily set either filtered or unfiltered water.
When it comes to warranty the Dupont has a 4-years warranty.
- Easily switch from filtered to unfiltered water
- reduce sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead
- It is WQA certified
- built-in to the cartridge housing and media to protect filter
- Various finishes to coordinate with existing faucet
- Easy to read electronic display
- Requires pliers to install
How to install
- Contaminants: Bacteria, Lime, mold, sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury & lead.
- Filter life: 200 gallons/3-5 months
- Finish: chrome
- Replacement filter: Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter Replacement Cartridge MN02
The filter is filled with activated carbon Food Grade Calcium Sulfite Ball, and KDF55 that can reduce contaminants such as sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury & lead.
KDF55 also can kills bacteria and inhibits the growth of scale, lime, mold, and fungi.
It also gets rid of chlorine taste and odor.
Made of no leak food-grade ABS plastic, making Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter durable and convenient design.
It has adapters that make this product fits most of the faucets but will not work with pull-out or handheld faucets.
The filter needs to be replaced after 200 gallons or about 3-5 months depending on water quality or usage. Buy replacement filter using the below link
The package includes Faucet Water Filter, Filter Cartridge, and Adapters.
- Removes sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury & lead.
- It get rid of chlorine taste and odor.
- kills bacteria and inhibits the growth of scale, lime, mold, and fungi.
- It is only available in chrome color
- Contaminants: chlorine taste and odor
- Filter life: 200 gallons/3 months
- Replacement filter: InstaPure F2R-4ES Replacement Filter
- Finish: chrome and white
Certified by ANSI/NSF for reduction of chlorine bad taste and odor.
The filter allows the choice between filtered and unfiltered water.
Instapure filters, water up to 200 gallons or 3 months. Purchase replacement filter using the below link
Instapure F2 is available in different finishes
More Instapure faucet filter model
- Instapure f5 white with White Cap
- Instapure f5 Chrome with Chrome Cap
- Instapure F8 Ultra (chrome)
- Instapure F8 (white)
How to install Instapure F2 ESSENTIALS
- Contaminants: sediment, chlorine, rust, heavy metals, algae, colloid, bleaching powder, red worm, and impurity
- Filter life: 3-6 Months
- Replacement filter: Replacement Water Filter for IREALIST Horizontal Faucet Water Filter
The IREALIST Faucet Water Filter contains filter material such as Sintered Activated Carbon, Maifan Stone, KDF, and Cleaning Media. You can use different filters depending on the water quality.
This filter is suitable to remove impurities such as sediment, chlorine, rust, heavy metals, algae, colloid, bleaching powder, red worm, and impurity.
The filter life is 3-6 months and you can buy refill cartridge on the link below
- It help reduce sediment, chlorine, rust, heavy metals, algae, colloid, bleaching powder, red worm, and impurity
- It comes in one finishes
- no filter indicator
- Contaminants: Chlorine (taste and odor), benzene, Cryptosporidium, lead, asbestos, and giardia cysts
- Filter life: 100 gallons/4 months
- Finish: white and chrome
- Replacement filter: Brita on tap replacement filter
This filter removes 99% of Chlorine (taste and odor), benzene, Cryptosporidium, lead, asbestos, and giardia cysts contaminants found in water
It has a filter capacity of 100 gallons replacing over 750 standard 16 oz plastic water bottles and a filter life of 4 months.
The replacement filter is available in the link below
The Brita filter is mounted directly to your tap without the use of the tool, fits standard faucet only. It does is not mount on pull-out or spray-style faucets.
It has a filter indicator to notify when it is the right time to replace.
- Removes chlorine (taste and odor), benzene, Cryptosporidium, lead, asbestos and giardia cysts.
- It has filter indicator.
How to install Brita tap system
- Contaminants: chlorine taste and odor, dirt, sand, rust, and organics
- Replacement life: Engdenton Stainless Steel Water Filter Cartridge Replacement
- Filter life: 320 gallons/4months
- Finish: silver
The Engdenton Faucet Water Filter uses advanced Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filtration technology, which removes dirt, sand, rust, and organics.
The filter also inhibits bacteria and improves water taste.
This faucet filter has a speedy high flow, which provides 8-cups of filtered water per minute.
It is easy to install on a standard faucet without the use of the tool.
Engdenton filter for faucet has a filter housing made of food-grade 304 super durable stainless steel with no cracking and no leakage.
The filter lasts after filtering 320 gallons or replace after 6-months. You can buy replacement cartridge using the link below
- Contaminants: lead, chlorine (taste and odor), rust, and more
- Filter life: 3 months/200 gallons
- Replacement filter: O-CONN Faucet Water Filter Replacement
- Finish: silver
O-CONN Faucet Water Filter utilizes a composite ceramic filter / sintered carbon filtration process that helps remove lead, chlorine (taste and odor), rust, and other contaminants.
It is easy to install and requires no tool. It is compatible with standard faucets except for pull-out, hand-held, spray-style faucets, or faucets with a sensor.
The filter is required to be replaced every 3-6 months. Purchase replacement filter using the link below
This filter provides a quick switch between filtered and tap water
SJ wave Water Filter for Faucet filters water using multi-layered technology. The layers include activated carbon that eliminates taste and odor
The Post-filtration layer removes sand, rust, suspended solids, and other little particles.
The filter lasts for 3-6 months or after treating 320 gallons. Buy replacement filter using the link below
It is designed such that you can easily switch between filtered and tap water.
This filtration system fits most faucets except irregular, hand-held, or pull-out faucets.
Watch more reviews
WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter is made of stainless steel.
The filter element meets NSF/ANSI 42 standard,
Looking for a system that rotates at 360 degrees, wingsol faucet filter is one of them. It can be placed in vertical and horizontal mode
This system is compatible with three WINGSOL cartridges including
- WINGSOL Faucet Filter Replacement PAC
- WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter Replacement, CRM
- WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter Replacement PC
Filter water in 5 stages
- PVA non-woven fabric
- Medical stone
- Calcium sulfite
- Natural coconut shell activated carbon
- PVA non-woven fabric
All the above stages adsorp impurities, soften water and adjust PH
WBM Home Purifier, Tap Water Filter for Sink, White-https://amzn.to/2XVVryB
LCF Water Filter Faucet filter water in 4 stages including:
- Natural Diatomite Ceramic Shell: remove large particles of impurities such as sediment, rust, scale.
- Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF): Reduce CHLORINE (taste and odor), LEAD, fluoride, MERCURY, and more,
- PP cotton layer: remove large particles such as sand, rust, and more.
- End- filtration Stainless Steel Mesh: Further removes larger particles.
The cartridge lasts for 3 months. Buy replacement filter using below link
This system filter water in 4 stages including:
- Pre-screen: for rust, sediments, and bigger particles
- Second screen: for turbidity
- Granular activated carbon: for chlorine taste and odor
- Hollow fiber membrane: for microscopic impurities down to 0.1 micron
The cartridge lasts for 4 months or after treating 396 gallons/1500L. Buy replacement filter using the link below
iSpring DF2-CHR faucet water filter help remove contaminants such as chlorine, chloramine, lead, mercury, lindane, atrazine, and more
It uses an iSpring FDF1 cartridge that lasts after treating 500 gallons or last for 6-8 months
The system does not work with pull-out or hand-held style faucets.
Available in different finishes such as chrome and clear
More iSpring faucet water filter model
HOMY Faucet Mount Water Filter treats water in 6-stages including
- Activated carbon
- Maifan stone
- Coconut shell activated
It works with most standard faucets except pull out, handheld, spray faucet, or faucet with sensor
The system is designed to rotate at 360 degrees, therefore, helps place at a different angle (can be placed horizontal and vertical).
This system uses HOMY Ceramic Water Filter Faucet Cartridge Replacement that lasts for 3 months/320 gallons.
After 30 days it is recommended to clean the filter for better filtration. Do not use any detergent wipe using sandpaper or white cloth
You can easily switch between filtered and tap water
Hansing faucet filtration system uses a cartridge that is built from the activated carbon fiber (ACF) and 5 microns non-woven.
It is capable of removing Chlorine (99%), Lead, Cadmium, Chloroform, sand, rust, bad tastes, odors, and other contaminants.
This system has a capacity of 1200 gallons. You can buy replacement cartridge using the link below
Lelekey Water Faucet Filtration System filters water in 8-stages including
- Natural diatom ceramic that removes sand and rust
- Nanosilver antibacterial ball that removes chlorine, bleaching powder, and rust
- Mineral balls inhibit microorganism
- Medical stone maintain beneficial mineral
- PP cotton remove heavy metal and chlorine residual
- Coconut shell activated carbon
- ABS food-grade filter
- Stainless steel strainer completely isolate impurities and sediment
This system fits common aerator sizes
It is recommended to wash the cartridge every 7-10 days and replace it every 3-6 months.
Buy replacement cartridge using the link below
ESOW Faucet Mount Water Filter uses activated carbon fiber (ACF) filtration technology and Ultrafiltration(UF) technology.
Both technologies are capable of removing lead, chlorine (taste & odor), pharmaceuticals, mercury, and pesticides.
How to install ESOW
- Contaminants: lead, heavy metal, chlorine (taste and odor), rust, and more
- Filter life: 6 months/320 gallons
- Replacement filter: IKT Faucet Water Filter Replacement, Coconut Activated Carbon
- Contaminants: chlorine, dirt, rust, sand and inhibit bacteria growth
- Technology: inhibit ultrafiltration Membrane (UF) filtration technology
- Filter life: 320 gallons/3 months
- WEIEN Advanced Faucet Water Filter with Activated Carbon
- WHK Faucet Filter
- Water one Faucet Mount Water Filter
- Geekpure 5-Stage Advanced Faucet Water Filter
- Lingstar Classic Vertical Water Filtration Faucet
- Jonyj Faucet Water Filter
- WaterQueen NSF/ANSI Standard 42 Water Faucet Filter
How to install a faucet mount water filter
The Faucet mount water filter is installed directly in an already existing kitchen or bathroom faucet.
How to install directly in already existing kitchen faucet
Remove the aerator from the faucet.
Clean off any rust or stain that may have developed.
Then fix your filtration system.
Read step by step guide on how to install a filter in an already existing faucet here
How faucet water filters work
All faucet water filter uses a cartridge to remove contaminants in the tap water.
The difference between brands each uses different stages to remove contaminants.
Most faucet filter treats water in various stages, which include.
Once the water enters the filter, it passes through the first stage called sediment filter, which removes large particles like sediment and dust.
Then the water passed to the second stage called activated carbon filter.
The carbon water filter is capable of removing impurities such as chlorine, herbicides, mercury, and bacteria.
Reverse osmosis water filters
It has a thin acetate membrane where water is passed through the membrane using force. The filter requires being replaced after 2-3 years.
How to replace faucet Water filter Cartridge
The faucet water filter uses a cartridge to remove contaminants in the tap water.
The cartridge requires to be replaced after using it for a specific period.
Replacing the cartridge is done differently depending on the brand you have.
Some brands make their brand with a filter change indicator that warns you it’s right to change the filter.
In case your filter does not have a filter change indicator, you should mark the date to change the cartridge on the calendar.
For you to know the accurate date, most brands come with filter capacity, which is from 100 to 300 gallons.
To calculate the right day to change the cartridge, you should know an average person consumes 2 gallons of water in a day.
If you have a family of 4 in a day, you will consume 8 gallons. So a cartridge with a capacity of 300 gallons will last for 24-30 days.
So you need to replace it once a month.
Other manufacturers email when the right time reaches.
When you have a new cartridge at hand, remove the old cartridge and replace it with the new one.
Watch the below video to learn about faucet cartridge replacement.
Each brand has its replacement period, but this depends on water consumption in your household.
I hope our review and this guide will help you find the right faucet mount water filter system you need in your home.
If you require any help, you can use our comment section below, and we will try our best to assists. Thanks.
Do faucet water filter work?
Faucet water filter work does work. It helps remove contaminants that are present in your treated water.
Which is better Pur and Brita faucet water filter
If you want to spend less money on the filter and better-tasting water Brita faucet water filter is the best choice.
If you are looking for a filter that removes most contaminants Pur faucet water filter is the best choice.
Which is better faucet filter or pitcher filter
The faucet filter is better than the pitcher.
The cartridge in the faucet filter lasts longer, removes more contaminants, and has more features compared to the pitcher cartridge.
How long does a Pur faucet filter last?
The PUR faucet filter lasts up to 40 gallons roughly one or two months.
Do faucet water filters remove chlorine?
Most faucet water filters help remove chlorine. If you want a faucet water filter that removes chlorine the cartridge must have different types of carbon filters such as Granular activated carbon (GAC) or catalytic carbon media