- Faucet mount water filter comparison
- Faucet mount water filter reviews
- Pur faucet mount water filter
- Culligan faucet mount water filter
- Faucet mount water filter for lead
- Faucet water filter fluoride
- Alkaline water faucet filter
- Do faucet water filter work?
- Which is better Pur and Brita faucet water filter
- Which is better faucet filter or pitcher filter
- How long does a Pur faucet filter last?
- Do faucet water filters remove chlorine?
- Share this:
- Like this:
Home tap water looks safe and clean for human consumption, but that is not the case. It contains potentially unsafe contaminants picked up on its way through old pipes or household plumbing. The faucet mount water filter and pitcher help remove such contaminants.
Faucet mount water filter comparison
What is a faucet mount water filter?
Faucet water filters provide filtered water directly from the tap.
They are installed on the faucet and filter water as you use it.
The best faucet water filter that produces safe water for drinking is the one that treats your water using a multi-stage filtration method.
This type of filter is mounted on a tap that has limited features.
It has an adapter that makes it easy to install on all standard sinks.
They also have a diverter valve, which you can easily divert from tap water to filtered water.
Most countries have municipalities that provide treated safe water direct from the tap, but the water might be contaminated as it is transported through the pipes.
The impurities can be harmful and pose a threat to our health.
Therefore, it is advisable to make sure you filter your water to remove harmful contaminants, and the most economical way to do that is to install a faucet water filter or water filter pitcher.
What is the best faucet mount water filter
The best mount faucet water filter includes:
- Best for fluoride and lead: Waterdrop Water Faucet Filtration System (WD-FC-01)
- Best horizontal: PUR PFM400H Chrome Horizontal Water Filtration Faucet Mount (pull-down)
- Pur faucet water filter vertical
- Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter
- Best for alkaline: Invigorated water-pH PURIFY Superior 8-Stage Faucet Filter
- DuPont WFFM350XCH Faucet Mount Premium Water Filtration Filter
- Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter System
- InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System
- Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System
- Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
- O-CONN Faucet Water Filter
- SJ wave 320-Gallon Water Filter for Faucet
- iSpring DF2-CHR Faucet Water Filter
- HOMY Faucet Mount Water Filter
- 1200-Gallon Water Faucet Filtration System by Hansing
What to consider when buying a faucet water filter
Check the following features before purchasing a faucet water filter.
Although most faucet water filters will fit almost any tap, double-check that it will fit the tap you intend to install.
- Meet certification standards.
The best water filters should meet all safety requirements, such as the EPA standard, and be NSF or WQA certified.
This guarantees you are getting quality water for human consumption.
Be aware of a contaminant that exists in your water. This will help you choose the right faucet water filter that removes the particular impurity in your water.
Different materials, such as plastic and metal, are used to make the faucet water filter. Metal is sturdy compared to the plastic material, holds tight, and does not leak.
The larger the capacity of the faucet water filter, the less frequently you will need to change the cartridges, saving you money.
- Maintenance cost
Filters need to be replaced frequently or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Make sure the filter you choose is easily available at a fair price.
Also, keep in mind that the larger the cartridge, the more expensive it is to replace it.
Types of faucet water filter
There are three different types of faucet water filters, including faucet mount, under sink water filter faucet, and countertop water filter faucet.
No matter the type you choose both removes all impurities present in your tap water.
- Faucet mount or inline
This filter is attached at the end of the faucet. It requires regular replacement to guarantee efficient performance.
- Under the sink water filter faucet
An under sink water filter with a faucet is a water filtration system that is connected under the kitchen sink to the cold water line via a diverter and sends filtered water to a separate faucet installed on the countertop.
Since it is not installed directly in the line of the kitchen faucets, the cartridges last longer.
This type is more expensive and you require to install the dedicated faucet.
- Countertop water filter faucet
The countertop water filter faucet includes a dispenser that sits right next to sinks on the kitchen counter, as well as a diverter valve or adapter that connects to your existing kitchen tap/faucet.
Advantages of Faucet water filters
- It is easy to install if you are attaching it to a faucet or you are not installing a separate faucet
- It filters a large amount of water compared to pitcher filters
- It produces quality water if it uses a multi-stage method
- Reduce odors and provide water with great taste
- Most of them have an extra valve which you can switch between filtered and unfiltered water
Disadvantages of Faucet water filters
- It cannot be installed on all faucets without adapters. Check the specifications before purchasing.
- Some faucet water filters reduce the flow of water in a faucet. Note that the required water pressure rate/filtration rate is between 55 and 65 psi.
- The filter needs to be replaced every three months, compared to other filters like under sink filters, which you replace after one year.
Faucet mount water filter reviews
Pur faucet mount water filter
The Pur water filter faucet is available in either a horizontal or vertical design.
Both the mineral clear filters and the basic filter remove 99% of lead and over 70 other contaminants, including 96% of mercury, 92% of certain pesticides, mercury, industrial pollutants, pharmaceuticals, and chlorine.
The basic filter does not have an ion exchange filter, which removes natural minerals in water to provide a crisp refreshing taste.
Pur horizontal faucet mount water filter
- contaminants such as pesticides, mercury, industrial pollutants, pharmaceuticals, chlorine, disinfection by-products, and lead.
- Filter life: 3 months
- Replacement filter: PUR MineralClear filter
- finishes: chrome, gray, and stainless steel.
It uses a PUR MineralClear filter that utilizes Maxion filter technology. The filter includes activated carbon and ion exchange filters that help remove minerals from the core for crisps and a refreshing taste.
The filters require no tools for installation.
The premium mineral clear filter is certified to remove 99% of lead and over 70 other contaminants, including 96% of mercury, 92% of certain pesticides, mercury, industrial pollutants, pharmaceuticals, chlorine, and disinfection by-products.
It is advised to filter 100 gallons and should be changed every three months to keep up maximum pollutant removal. Use the link below to buy a replacement filter.
The status of the filter is indicated by a more visible clean sensor monitor, which ensures that you will always have safe drinking water straight from the tap.
This filter works well with standard faucets but is not compatible with pull-out or handheld faucets.
Pur water filter faucet with basic filter
The basic filter works the same as a mineral clear filter but does have an ion exchange filter to remove natural minerals in water to produce a crisp, refreshing taste.
This Pur model works the same as the above PUR PFM400H, but it is Bluetooth enabled. The Bluetooth works with a free app to track your water consumption and filter usage straight from your smartphone.
The vertical design works the same as the horizontal. The only difference between them is the vertical and horizontal design. The vertical design is available in various finishes such as stainless steel, chrome, and grey.
The PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter has been tested and certified to remove over 70 contaminants, including 96% Mercury, 99% Lead, and 92% pesticides.
It has an electronic indicator to alert you when it’s time to change the filter.
Each filter has a filter capacity of 100 gallons and a filter life of 2-3 months. Buy a replacement cartridge using the below link.
This filter will not work with pull-out or handheld faucets but is compatible with the standard faucet.
It purifies water using Maxion filter technology, which is Pur’s unique formulation for blending carbon and ion exchange for maximum contaminant removal.
Mineralclear filters water over a natural mineral for crisps with a refreshing taste.
The easy-1-click installation makes it easy to remove and replace when you need extra space in the sink.
The PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter fits most sinks due to its 360-degree swivel.
High-quality construction, new finishes, and materials can withstand heavy use in the kitchen.
How Pur Advanced Faucet water filter works
- It removes mercury, lead, and pesticides.
- Provide clean and crispy water
- Available in various finishes
- Maxion filter technology
- Some have a clean sensor monitor
- Electronic filter indicator
- Requires no tool to install
- Most Amazon customers complain that the filter is not working well and is leaking.
Pur faucet filter installation
Culligan faucet mount water filter
- Contaminants: sediment, odor, bad taste, turbidity, lindane, cryptosporidium, giardia cysts lead, chlorine, and atrazine
- Filter life: 2 months/200 gallons
- Replacement filter: Culligan FM-15RA Replacement Filter Cartridge
- Finish: chrome
Culligan FM-15A is one of the efficient faucet mount designs which reduces unpleasant odor in water and improves water taste.
This filter is best for removing impurities such as sediment, odor, bad taste, turbidity, lindane, cryptosporidium, giardia cysts lead, chlorine, and atrazine.
It includes an FM-15RA filter cartridge, which has a cartridge-change sticker to remind you when it’s time to change the cartridge.
Culligan FM-15A is NSF International certified against ANSI Standards 42 and 53 and has a warranty of 2 years.
The filter kit is mounted directly onto your existing faucet with no tools. You can quickly switch the filter from unfiltered to filtered water by only pulling the diverter valve system.
It includes adapters to fit all standard sink nozzles and does not fit the drop-down faucet.
This unit has a filter capacity of 200 gallons and a filters life of 2 months, so you change the filter after every two months. Buy a replacement cartridge using the link below.
The filtration rate of this filter ranges between 30-and 100 Psi.
Culligan FM-25 has a chrome finish and uses Culligan FM-25R Faucet Mount Replacement Filter
The Culligan is available in a horizontal design with a chrome finish.
It works the same as a vertical design
- No tool is required to install it.
- It removes atrazine, chlorine, lindane, lead, particulate, turbidity, odor, and taste.
- It has a diverter tab to switch between filtered and unfiltered water.
- It is NSF-certified.
- It is available in only one white finish
How to install the Culligan (FM-25 & FM-15A) Faucet Mount Filtration System
- Contaminants: sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead, and the clarity
- Filter life: 200 gallons
- Replacement filter: DuPont WFFMC300X Faucet Mount Water Filtration Cartridge
- Finish: chrome, brushed nickel, and white.
The filter’s easy-to-read electronic display indicates how many gallons the filter has cleaned, and this helps measure filter life.
The electronic display is powered by lithium-ion batteries, which are included.
The DuPont faucet-mount water filter improves taste and odor.
It is WQA certified to reduce sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead, and the clarity of your water.
It includes built-in protection for the cartridge housing and media for improved filter life and Microban Antimicrobial product protection.
This filter includes a carbon filter with a 200-gallon filter capacity. Buy your replacement cartridge using the link below
The DuPont WFFM350XCH attaches to most standard faucets except those with a pull-down spray head and requires only a pair of pliers to install.
The Dupont faucet-mount water filter can be easily set for either filtered or unfiltered water.
When it comes to warranties, the Dupont has a 4-year warranty.
- Easily switch from filtered to unfiltered water.
- reduce sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead,
- It is WQA certified.
- built-in to the cartridge housing and media to protect the filter.
- Various finishes to coordinate with the existing faucet
- Easy to read electronic display
- It requires pliers to install.
How to install
- It removes contaminants like bacteria, lime, mold, sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury, and lead.
- Filter life: 200 gallons/3-5 months
- Finish: chrome
- Replacement filter: Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter Replacement Cartridge MN02
The filter is filled with activated carbon, food-grade calcium sulfite ball, and KDF55 that can reduce contaminants such as sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury, and lead.
KDF55 can also kill bacteria and inhibit the growth of scale, lime, mold, and fungi.
It also gets rid of the chlorine taste and odor.
Made of no leak food-grade ABS plastic, making Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter durable and convenient design.
It has adapters that make this product fit most of the faucets, but it will not work with pull-out or handheld faucets.
The filter needs to be replaced after 200 gallons or about 3-5 months, depending on water quality or usage. Buy a replacement filter using the below link.
The package includes a faucet water filter, a filter cartridge, and a set of adapters.
- It removes sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury, and lead.
- It gets rid of the chlorine taste and odor.
- It kills bacteria and inhibits the growth of scale, lime, mold, and fungi.
- It is only available in chrome.
- contaminants: chlorine taste and odor.
- Filter life: 200 gallons/3 months
- Replacement filter: InstaPure F2R-4ES Replacement Filter
- Finish: chrome and white.
Certified by ANSI/NSF for the reduction of chlorine’s bad taste and odor.
The filter allows the choice between filtered and unfiltered water.
Instapure filters water up to 200 gallons or 3 months. Purchase a replacement filter using the below link.
Instapure F2 is available in different finishes
More Instapure faucet filter model
- Instapure f5 white with White Cap
- Instapure f5 Chrome with Chrome Cap
- Instapure F8 Ultra (chrome)
- Instapure F8 (white)
How to install Instapure F2 ESSENTIALS
- contaminants: sediment, chlorine, rust, heavy metals, algae, colloid, bleaching powder, red worm, and impurities.
- Filter Life: 3-6 Months
- Replacement water cartridge: IREALIST Horizontal Faucet Water Filter
The IREALIST Faucet Water Filter contains filter materials such as sintered activated carbon, maifan stone, KDF, and cleaning media. You can use different filters depending on the quality of the water.
This filter is suitable to remove impurities such as sediment, chlorine, rust, heavy metals, algae, colloid, bleaching powder, red worms, and impurities.
The filter life is 3-6 months and you can buy a refill cartridge at the link below
- It helps reduce sediment, chlorine, rust, heavy metals, algae, colloid, bleaching powder, red worm, and impurity
- It comes in one finishes
- no filter indicator
- Contaminants: Chlorine (taste and odor), benzene, Cryptosporidium, lead, asbestos, and giardia cysts
- Filter life: 100 gallons/4 months
- Finish: white and chrome.
- Replacement filter: Brita on tap replacement filter
This filter removes 99% of chlorine (taste and odor), benzene, Cryptosporidium, lead, asbestos, and giardia cyst contaminants found in water.
It has a filter capacity of 100 gallons every four months, allowing it to replace over 750 standards 16-oz plastic water bottles.
The replacement filter is available at the link below.
The Brita filter attaches to your tap without the use of a tool, and it only fits standard faucets. It does not mount on pull-out or spray-style faucets.
It has a filter indicator that tells you when it’s time to replace it.
- It removes chlorine (taste and odor), benzene, Cryptosporidium, lead, asbestos, and giardia cysts.
- It has a filter indicator.
How to install the Brita tap system
- Contaminants: chlorine taste and odor, dirt, sand, rust, and organics
- Replacement life: Engdenton Stainless Steel Water Filter Cartridge Replacement
- Filter life: 320 gallons/4 months
- Finish: silver
The Engdenton Faucet Water Filter uses advanced Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filtration technology, which removes dirt, sand, rust, and organics.
The filter also inhibits bacteria and improves the taste of water.
This faucet filter has a high flow rate and can filter 8 cups of water per minute.
It is easy to install on a standard faucet without the use of a tool.
The filter housing on the Engdenton faucet filter is made of food-grade 304 stainless steel, which is extremely durable and does not crack or leak.
The filter lasts after filtering 320 gallons or six months. You can buy a replacement cartridge using the link below.
- Contaminants: lead, chlorine (taste and odor), rust, and more.
- Filter life: 3 months/200 gallons
- Replacement filter: O-CONN Faucet Water Filter Replacement
- Finish: silver
The O-CONN Faucet Water Filter utilizes a composite ceramic filter/sintered carbon filtration process that helps remove lead, chlorine (taste and odor), rust, and other contaminants.
It is easy to install and requires no tools. It is compatible with standard faucets except for pull-out, hand-held, spray-style faucets, or faucets with a sensor.
The filter is required to be replaced every 3–6 months. Purchase a replacement filter using the link below.
This filter provides a quick switch between filtered and tap water
SJ Wave Water Filter for Faucet filters water using multi-layered technology. The layers include activated carbon that eliminates taste and odor.
The Post-filtration layer removes sand, rust, suspended solids, and other little particles.
The filter lasts for 3–6 months or after treating 320 gallons. Buy a replacement filter using the link below.
It is designed such that you can easily switch between filtered and tap water.
This filtration system fits most faucets, except irregular, hand-held, or pull-out faucets.
Watch more reviews
WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter is made of stainless steel.
The filter element meets NSF/ANSI 42 standard,
Looking for a system that rotates at 360 degrees? The wingsol faucet filter is one of them. It can be positioned horizontally or vertically.
This system is compatible with three WINGSOL cartridges, including
- WINGSOL Faucet Filter Replacement PAC
- WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter Replacement, CRM
- WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter Replacement PC
Filter water in 5 stages
- PVA non-woven fabric
- Medical stone
- Calcium sulfite
- Natural coconut shell activated carbon
- PVA non-woven fabric
All of the stages above adsorb impurities, soften the water, and adjust the PH.
The LCF Water Filter Faucet filters water through four stages:
- Natural Diatomite Ceramic Shell: removes large particles of impurities such as sediment, rust, and scale.
- Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF): Reduce Chlorine (taste and odor), Lead, Fluoride, Mercury, and more.
- PP cotton layer: remove large particles such as sand, rust, and more.
- End- filtration Stainless Steel Mesh: Further removes larger particles.
The cartridge lasts for 3 months. Buy a replacement filter using the below link
This system filters water in 4 stages, including:
- Pre-screen: for rust, sediments, and bigger particles.
- Second screen: for turbidity
- Granular activated carbon: for chlorine taste and odor
- Hollow fiber membrane: for microscopic impurities down to 0.1 microns.
The cartridge lasts for 4 months or after treating 396 gallons or 1500 liters. Buy a replacement filter using the link below.
The iSpring DF2-CHR faucet water filter helps remove contaminants such as chlorine, chloramine, lead, mercury, lindane, atrazine, and more.
It uses an iSpring FDF1 cartridge that lasts after treating 500 gallons or lasts for 6–8 months.
The system does not work with pull-out or hand-held style faucets.
Available in different finishes such as chrome and clear
More iSpring faucet water filter model
HOMY Faucet Mount Water Filter treats water in 6-stages, including
- Activated carbon
- Maifan stone
- Coconut shell activated
Except for pull-out, handheld, spray, and sensor faucets, it works with most standard faucets.
Because the system is designed to rotate 360 degrees, it can be placed at various angles (horizontal and vertical).
This system uses HOMY Ceramic Water Filter Faucet Cartridge Replacement that lasts for 3 months/320 gallons.
After 30 days, it is recommended to clean the filter for better filtration. Wipe with sandpaper or a white cloth instead of detergent.
You can easily switch between filtered and tap water.
The Hansing faucet filtration system uses an activated carbon fiber (ACF) and a 5-micron non-woven cartridge.
Chlorine (99%), Lead, Cadmium, Chloroform, sand, rust, bad tastes, odors, and other contaminants can all be removed using this device.
This system has a capacity of 1200 gallons. You can buy a replacement cartridge using the link below.
The Lelekey Water Faucet Filtration System filters water in 8 stages, including
- Natural diatom ceramic that removes sand and rust.
- nanosilver antibacterial ball that removes chlorine, bleaching powder, and rust.
- Mineral balls inhibit microorganisms.
- Medical stones maintain beneficial minerals.
- PP cotton removes heavy metal and chlorine residual
- Coconut shell activated carbon
- ABS food-grade filter
- The stainless steel strainer completely isolates impurities and sediment.
This system fits common aerator sizes.
It is recommended to wash the cartridge every 7–10 days and replace it every 3-6 months.
Buy a replacement cartridge using the link below
The ESOW Faucet Mount Water Filter uses activated carbon fiber (ACF) filtration technology and ultrafiltration (UF) technology.
Both technologies are capable of removing lead, chlorine (taste & odor), pharmaceuticals, mercury, and pesticides.
How to install ESOW
- Contaminants: lead, heavy metals, chlorine (taste and odor), rust, and more.
- Filter life: 6 months or 320 gallons
- Replacement filter: IKT Faucet Water Filter Replacement, Coconut Activated Carbon
- Contaminants: chlorine, dirt, rust, sand, and inhibit bacteria growth.
- Technology: inhibit ultrafiltration membrane (UF) filtration technology.
- Filter life: 320 gallons/3 months
- WEIEN Advanced Faucet Water Filter with Activated Carbon
- WHK Faucet Filter
- Water one Faucet Mount Water Filter
- Geekpure 5-Stage Advanced Faucet Water Filter
- Lingstar Classic Vertical Water Filtration Faucet
- Jonyj Faucet Water Filter
- WaterQueen NSF/ANSI Standard 42 Water Faucet Filter
- WBM Home Purifier, Tap Water Filter for Sink, White
How to install a faucet mount water filter
The faucet-mount water filter is installed directly onto an already existing kitchen or bathroom faucet.
How to install directly in already existing kitchen faucet
Remove the aerator from the faucet.
Clean off any rust or stain that may have developed.
Then fix your filtration system.
Read step by step guide on how to install a filter in an already existing faucet here
How faucet water filters work
All faucet water filters use a cartridge to remove contaminants in the tap water.
The difference between brands is the type of contaminants they remove. Each uses a different stage.
Most faucet filters treat water in various stages, which include
Once the water enters the filter, it passes through the first stage called sediment filter, which removes large particles like sediment and dust.
Then the water passed to the second stage called activated carbon filter.
The carbon water filter is capable of removing impurities such as chlorine, herbicides, mercury, and bacteria.
Reverse osmosis water filters.
It has a thin acetate membrane where water is passed through the membrane using force. The filter requires being replaced after 2-3 years.
How to replace the faucet water filter cartridge
The faucet water filter uses a cartridge to remove contaminants from the tap water.
The cartridge needs to be replaced after using it for a specific period.
Replacing the cartridge is done differently depending on the brand you have.
Some manufacturers include a filter change indicator that alerts you when it’s time to replace the filter.
In case your filter does not have a filter change indicator, you should mark the date to change the cartridge on the calendar.
Most brands come with filter capacity ranging from 100 to 300 gallons, allowing you to know the exact date.
To figure out when to change the cartridge, consider that the average person drinks 2 gallons of water per day.
If you have a family of 4 in a day, you will consume 8 gallons. So a cartridge with a capacity of 300 gallons will last for 24–30 days.
So you need to replace it once a month.
Other manufacturers email when the right time arrives.
When you have a new cartridge at hand, remove the old cartridge and replace it with the new one.
Watch the below video to learn about faucet cartridge replacement.
Each brand has its own replacement period, but this depends on water consumption in your household.
I hope our review and guide will assist you in selecting the best faucet mount water filter system for your home.
If you require any help, you can use our comment section below, and we will try our best to assist. Thanks.
Do faucet water filter work?
Faucet water filter work does work. It helps remove contaminants that are present in your treated water.
Which is better Pur and Brita faucet water filter
If you want to spend less money on the filter and better-tasting water Brita faucet water filter is the best choice.
If you are looking for a filter that removes most contaminants Pur faucet water filter is the best choice.
Which is better faucet filter or pitcher filter
The faucet filter is better than the pitcher.
The cartridge in the faucet filter lasts longer, removes more contaminants, and has more features compared to the pitcher cartridge.
How long does a Pur faucet filter last?
The PUR faucet filter lasts up to 40 gallons roughly one or two months.
Do faucet water filters remove chlorine?
Most faucet water filters help remove chlorine. If you want a faucet water filter that removes chlorine the cartridge must have different types of carbon filters such as Granular activated carbon (GAC) or catalytic carbon media