- Comparison table of Top 10 Best Faucet Water Filters 2018
- How to install Faucet water filters
- Advantages of Faucet water filters
- Disadvantages of Faucet water filters
- Top 10 Best Faucet Water Filters 2018- Review
- Best faucet mount water filters
- Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter
- Faucet water filter
- Faucet Mount Replacement Filter
- Faucet Water Filter Replacement Refill
- Bathroom faucet water filters
Even though most countries have municipalities that provide treated safe water direct from the tap, but the water might be contaminated as it is transported through the pipes. The impurities can be harmful and pose threat to our health. Therefore it is advisable to make sure you filter your water to remove harmful contaminants and the economical way to do that is to install faucet water filter. That’s why we have prepared a review of the top 10 best Faucet Water Filters 2018.
Faucet water filters provide filtered water directly from the tap. They are installed to the faucet and filter water as you use it. The best faucet water filter that produces safe water for drinking is the one that produces multi-stage filtration method.
What others are reading
- Water Filters Ultimate Buyers Guide Ever
- Buyers guide on how to choose the best water softener
- Water purifier buyers guide
Comparison table of Top 10 Best Faucet Water Filters 2018
What to consider when buying faucet water filter
Before buying faucet water filter make sure it has the following features
Although most faucet water filter fits almost all taps make sure it fits on the tap you are planning to install.
- Meet certification standards
The best water filters make sure it meets the EPA standard and certified by NSF or WQA. This guarantees you are getting quality water for human consumption.
- Impurities it removes
Be aware of a contaminant that exists in your water. This will help you choose the right faucet water filter that removes the particular impurity in your water.
Faucet water filter is made of different material like plastic and metal. Metal is sturdy compared to the plastic material, hold tight and does not leak.
Other articles you might like:
The more capacity the faucet water filter has means you don’t need to change the cartridges frequently.
- Maintenance cost
Filters need to be replaced frequently or according to manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure the filter you choose is easily available at a fair price. Also, remember the bigger the size of your cartridge faucet filter the more expensive to replace it.
- Type of faucet water filter
There are different types of faucet water filter and each removes specific impurities present in water.
It has a carbon cartridge fixed in it. The carbon water filter is capable of removing impurities such as chlorine, herbicides, mercury, and bacteria. This filter requires being changed as per manufactures instructions.
Reverse osmosis water filters
It has a thin acetate membrane where water is passed through the membrane using force. The filter requires being replaced after 2-3 years.
Under counter water filter
It is installed under the sink to avoid taking too much space on the sink top/countertop. This type of filter is ideal where there is limited space and requires a high volume of filter water
Direct flow through faucet water filter
This filter is attached at the end of the faucet. It requires regular replacement to guarantee efficient performance.
Side offsets flow through faucet water filter
The filter is fixed indirect positioning on the faucet. The cartridges last longer before they are replaced, but are more expensive.
How to install Faucet water filters
Remove the aerator from the faucet. Clean off any rust or stain that may have developed. Then fix your filtration system.
Read how to install a filter in a faucet here
Learn more how to install Faucet water filters with a separate faucet here
Advantages of Faucet water filters
- It is easy to install if you are attaching it to a faucet or you are not installing a separate faucet
- It filters a large amount of water compared to pitcher filters
- It produces quality water if it uses a multi-stage method
- Reduce odors and provide water with great taste
- Most of them have an extra valve which you can switch between filtered and unfiltered water
Disadvantages of Faucet water filters
- It cannot be installed on all faucets without adapters. Check this specification before purchasing
- Some of the faucet water filters reduce water flow in a faucet. Note the required water pressure rate/ filtration rate is between 55-65 Psi.
- The filter needs to be replaced after every three months compared to other filters like undersink filters where you replace after one year.
Top 10 Best Faucet Water Filters 2018- Review
Faucet Water Filter Replacement Refill
Pur faucet replacement water filter provides 100 gallons of clean water and replaces the previous 3-stage filter.
The filter has a carbon filter that is certified and capable to remove contaminants such as lead, mercury, microbial cysts, industrial pollutants, pharmaceuticals, chlorine, disinfection by-products, and more while leaving behind beneficial fluoride.
PUR MineralClear Faucet Replacement Water Filter fits any PUR faucet filtration systems.
It is easy to replace you just unscrew the cap, remove the old filter, insert new, replace the cap and run water for five minutes
I hope our review and this guide will help you find the best faucet water filter you need in your home.
If you require any help, you can use our comment section below, and we will try our best to assists. Thanks.
- Best Uf water purifier
- Best faucet water filters
- Ro spare parts
- Reverse osmosis water system
- UV water purifiers
- Best whole house water filter
- best water purification tablet
- Best portable water filter
- Best under sink water filter
- Best glass water filter pitcher
- Water softener parts
- Best countertop water filter
- Salt-based water softeners
- Best salt-free water softener
- Best water softener salt
- Best water conditioner