If you experience itchiness, dryness, weak hair, and irritation after taking a shower, then it is the time to consider installing the best shower head filter.
What is shower head filter
The shower head filter connects to the overhead shower arm to remove any contaminants present in your water.
The shower head filter is capable of removing chlorine, fluoride, chloramine, heavy metals, and other soften hard water.
How shower head filter works
The shower head filter connects to an overhead shower arm.
It uses a cartridge that contains several layers to purify water. The several layers include:
- Activated carbon which is effective in removing chlorine, trihalomethanes (THMs), volatile organic chemicals (VOCs)
- Calcium sulfite It is more effective than activated carbon to remove chlorine in hot and cold water instantaneously, lead, mercury, cadmium, and aluminum
- KDF 55 It is a combination of granulated copper and zinc which eliminates lead, mercury, nickel-hydrogen sulfide, arsenic, and other soluble metals
- Germanium ceramic balls used to sterilize, deodorize, activate and purify water
- Tourmaline balls support the body’s ability to release toxins and wastes
- Magnetic energy ceramic balls adsorb impurities and harmful heavy metals
- PP Cotton and Mesh filter prevents dust, sediments, and rust
There is some shower head filter that has more than the above layers, others have less, so when buying check, how many stages does the filter have.
The cartridge last after treating several gallons of water then need to be replaced with a new one.
Most of them last for six months or after treating 10,000 to 12,000 gallons of water.
There is other Shower head filter for hard water.
The Shower head filter for hard water is well known as water softener shower head
The water softener shower head is applicable where installing a whole house water softener can be very expensive. If you need a water softener to soften shower water, only you may consider installing a water softener shower head.
The water softener shower head cartridge has a stage that has a small amount of resin that softens hard water.
The water softener shower head is connected to the overhead shower arm to soften hard water.
Although most people believe the water softener shower head is not effective, some brands soften hard water.
- Best glass water filter pitcher
- Alkaline water filter pitcher
- Countertop water filter
- Faucet water filter
- Ultrafiltration membrane system
- Ro spare parts
- Reverse osmosis water system
- Best whole house water filter
- best water purification tablet
- Best portable water filter
- Best reusable water bottle
- Best water bottle for kids
- Water purifier buying guide
- water filter buying guide
- Best water filter pitcher
- UV water filter
- Best under sink water filter