- Under sink water filter with faucet comparisons
- Best under sink water filter with faucet reviews
- Under sink water filter with UV light
- Under sink water filter for lead
- Under Sink Water Filter for well water with dedicated faucet
- Under-sink ultrafiltration water filter system with dedicated faucet
- 10 stage water filter under sink
- Dual stage under sink drinking water filter
- Best 3 stage filter
- Share this:
- Like this:
No one knows what is happening to your water once it leaves the municipal treatment plant or any filtration facility. Water can get contaminated in the pipes, and the only way to make sure the water you consume or use for cooking is safe is by installing a water filter. If you want to provide your family with clean water through a faucet install an under sink water filter with a faucet.
In this article find out an unbiased review of the best under sink water filter with faucet and read a guide on how to choose the right one here.
What is under sink water filter with faucet
Under sink water filter with faucet is water filtration system that is installed under the kitchen sink to transform contaminated tap into clean safe water for human consumption.
The system includes a dedicated faucet that is installed on the countertop so requires drilling of the hole.
The filter is connected under the kitchen to the cold water line using a diverter and sends filtered to the separate faucet installed on the countertop.
At the sink top, you will have two faucets one for filtered water and the other one for the unfiltered water
Under sink water filter is also called under counter water filter or under cabinet water filter.
Under sink water filter with faucet comparisons
|Name||Image||Contaminants||Replacement filter||Where to buy|
|1||Apec||bad odor, colors, chlorine, taste, particles, dust, and rust|
Filter life: 1000 capacity
|2||Culligan US-EZ||particulates class III, chloride and removes bad taste and odor|
Filter life:3000 gallons
|3||Aquasana||lead, mercury, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, chlorine taste, odor, particulates, cryptosporidium, asbestos, herbicides, detergents, pharmaceuticals, and other volatile organic chemicals|
Filter life: 800 gallons
|4||Doulton W9330958 SuperCarb Under Sink Filter System||fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts, turbidity, pathogenic bacteria, hydrogen sulfide, lead,chlorine, taste, odor and organic compounds.||Amazon|
|5||Whirlpool WHADUS5||chlorine taste and odor, sediment, cysts, lead, and chemicals.|
Filter life: 6 months
|6||Frizzlife under sink water filter||lead, heavy metals, chlorine, chromium, mercury, rust, volatile organic compound, carcinogens, turbidity, odor and bad taste.||Amazon|
|7||Ecosoft 3 Stage Under Sink Water Purifier Filtration System||chlorine taste and odor, salinity, lead, iron, manganese, tannins, dust, rust, and sediment||Amazon|
|8||Brondell H2O+ Coral UC300||chlorine taste and odor, heavy metals (such as lead and mercury), industrial chemicals (like benzene), total dissolved solids, volatile organic chemicals||Amazon|
|9||iSpring US31 3-Stage Under Sink||dust, particles, dust, and dirt, cloudiness, chlorine taste, and odor||Amazon|
|10||Watts Premier WP500313 2-Stage Undercounter||simazine, atrazine, benzene, trihalomethanes (TTHM), lindane, xylenes, entamoeba cryptosporidium, giardia, chlorine taste, and odor||Amazon|
|11||3M Aqua-Pure Under Sink Water Filtration System||particulate, rust, lead, VOCs, MTBE, parasitic protozoan cysts, chlorine taste, and odor.||Amazon|
|12||Watts WP2BVC Premier||Bacteria, Virus, & Cysts |
chlorine taste and odor
|13||Watts Premier 500320 with Ultraviolet||lead, cysts, particulate matter, chlorine taste, and odors||Amazon|
|14||New Wave Enviro-30008||chlorine, trihalomethanes, organic and inorganic arsenic, mercury, lead, pesticides, and herbicides.||Amazon|
How does under sink water filter with a faucet work
The cold water (Contaminated water) from point A sends water to the filter at point B where the filter is mounted at the bottom of the sink.
Then delivers clean water to the user through a particular faucet installed at the top of the sink at point C
The process is under high pressure when you open the filter faucet mounted on top of the sink water flows from the entry point to the filter then out the filter faucet.
Some under sink water filters use the reverse osmosis method to treat your water while others use a multi-stage filtration process.
Advantages of Under sink water filter with faucet
- Filters or Cartridges last longer since you filter only required water for drinking and cooking
- Multi-stage filtration process removes different impurities present in water thus giving safe water for drinking
- Saves time since you get filtered water just by turning on the filter faucet
- Compared to another filter like pitchers filters it filters 1,000 gallon of water where else pitches filters 20 gallons.
- Don’t take counter top space of your sink.
- It does not waste any water like inline under sink water filter and under sink reverse osmosis system
Disadvantages of Under sink water filter with faucet
- Requires qualified personnel to install
- You need to add another faucet for filtration
- You need to drill an extra hole to fix the filter faucet
- They take up under sink space
Best under sink water filters with faucet are:
- APEC WFS 1000
- Culligan US-EZ-1 EZ Undersink Drinking Water Filtration System
- Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System
- Doulton W9330958 SuperCarb Under Sink Filter System
- Frizzlife under sink water filter
- Whirlpool WHADUS5 Under Sink Water Filtration System
- Ecosoft 3 Stage Under Sink Water Purifier Filtration System
- Brondell H2O+ Coral UC300 Three-Stage Undercounter Water Filtration System
- iSpring US31 3-Stage Under Sink High Capacity Tankless Drinking Water Filtration System
- Watts Premier WP500313 2-Stage Undercounter
- 3M Aqua-Pure Under Sink Water Filtration System
- Watts WP2BVC Premier Two-Stage Microbiological Purifier Water Filtration System
- Watts Premier 500320 3-Stage Undercounter Drinking Water Filter with Ultraviolet
- New Wave Enviro-30008 10 Stage Unit Undersink-Mounted Water Filter
- Water2Buy Undersink Drinking Water Filter System
- Best ultrafiltration water filter system with dedicated faucet: PureDrop CUW4 Aquacube Tankless Drinking Water Filter System
- GE GX1S50R Single Stage Under Sink Filter Water System
- Wingsol Under Sink Water Filter with Faucet WS-US-002 (f)
Best under sink water filter with faucet reviews
- Contaminants removed: particulates class III, chloride and remove bad taste and odor
- Filter life – 3000 gallons/ 12 months
- Replacement filter – RC-EZ-1 filter cartridge
- Filter Stages-1 stages
Includes dedicated faucet that can be installed in most sinks providing cleaner filtered water for cooking or drinking
It comes with an RC-EZ-1 filter cartridge effectively removing contaminants such as particulates class III, chloride and removing bad taste and odor from water.
The included RC-EZ-1 filter cartridge is tested and certified by NSF for the reduction of Chlorine Taste and Odor and Nominal Particulate Class III.
With quick-connect fittings, twist on and twist off makes it easier to change the filter of the Culligan US-EZ-1 EZ Undersink Drinking Water Filtration System.
Also, the quick-connect fittings ensure the filter stays in place until it needs to be changed, so you don’t need to worry about hidden leaks or spills
The cartridge can filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or can last for 12 months.
It has a filter change sticker that reminds you of the time to change the filter.
Included in the package is a Filter head with a built-in bracket, US-EZ-1 Water filter cartridge, mounting screws, water supply adapter, chrome, Lead-free faucet and fittings, 1/4-inch plastic tubing, cartridge change, and reminder sticker.
Culligan Under-Sink Drinking Water Filtration System with Dedicated Faucet is available in a different capacity
- Culligan US 3 EZ advanced- last Up to 6 months or 500 gallons
- Culligan US 4 EZ premium-last Up to 6 months or 500 gallons
- Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System (AQ-5300.55)
- Contaminants removed: rust, sediment, silt, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, pesticide, other volatile organic chemicals, heavy metals (lead and mercury), chloramines (the byproduct of chlorine and ammonia used in water disinfection), giardia and cryptosporidium.
- Filter life – 800 gallons
- Replacement filter – Aquasana AQ-5300R 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter Replacement Cartridges
- Filter Stages-3 stages
The Aquasana water filter cleans water in 3-stage;
Stage 1: 20 Micron pre-filter catches rust, sediment, and silt.
Stage 2: Activated Carbon Reduces organic chemicals (pharmaceuticals, herbicides, pesticides), other volatile organic chemicals, improves the taste of your water, and removes chlorine odor.
Stage 3: Catalytic Carbon removes heavy metals (lead and mercury), chloramines (the byproduct of chlorine and ammonia used in water disinfection), giardia, and cryptosporidium.
The full system is certified by NSF certified to standards 42, 53, 401 +P473 to remove contaminants such as lead, mercury, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, chlorine taste, odor, particulates, cryptosporidium, asbestos, herbicides, detergents, pharmaceuticals, and other volatile organic chemicals
No water is wasted while using this system and no harmful contaminants are added back into your water.
Sediment filters help reduce clogging, therefore increasing capacity. The sediment filter gives 800 gallons of clean water.
It comes with a dedicated faucet made of metal and lead-free. Aquasana AQ-5300.55 comes with brushed nickel, AQ-5300.62 comes with bronze, and AQ-5300.56 comes with chrome so you can choose that best to match your kitchen decor.
Filters are easy to change no need to disconnect hoses or water lines, filter housing easily twists off
It has an indicator that alerts when it is time to change your filter.
You can purchase a replacement filter using the link below
How to install Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System
- Contaminants removed: fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts, turbidity, pathogenic bacteria, hydrogen sulfide, lead,chlorine, taste, odor and organic compounds.
- Filter life – N/A
- Replacement filter – each stage filter sold separately
- Filter Stages-4 stages
The Doulton water filter is connected under the counter utilizing Doulton ceramic technology.
Each package comes with an UltraCarb Candle filter, durable plastic housing, and a faucet. It also comes with everything that is needed for a standard installation.
The whole system is NSF certified, and the faucet is CA prop 65 approved
The Doulton super carb is a four-stage system with a combination of ceramic filtration making it possible to remove bacteria, E-coli, heavy metal, fluoride, chlorine, and organic
1st stage Doulton Ultracarb ceramic which reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts, and turbidity. Doulton Ultracarb ceramic replacement filter
2nd stage Doulton® ceramic filter candles remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, hydrogen sulfide, and lead. Doulton® ceramic filter candles replacement filter
3rd stage activated carbon block removes chlorine, taste, odor, and organic compounds.
4th stage Ion exchange resin that reduces Lead and other heavy metals.
How to install the Doulton Undersink Water Filter System
- Contaminants removed: lead, heavy metals, chlorine, chromium, mercury, rust, volatile organic compound, carcinogens, turbidity, odor and bad taste.
- Filter life – N/A
- Replacement filter – Frizzlife FZ-2 Replacement Filter Cartridge
- Filter Stages-2 stages
The Frizzlife Under Sink Water Filter is a two-stage water filtration system that helps reduce lead, heavy metals, chlorine, chromium, mercury, rust, volatile organic compound, carcinogens, turbidity, odor, and bad taste.
The two-stages include
- Sediment filter cartridge with 5-micron precision reduces particles such as sand, silt, and rust from the water.
- Block carbon filter cartridge with 0.5-micron precision that reduces 99.99% of LEAD, CHLORINE, ODOR, and PARTICLES from the water.
It comes with 3/8″ direct connect hoses that fit standard 3/8″ feedwater valves under US kitchen sinks. It also comes with 3/8″ to 1/2″ converter fittings allowing the system to fit directly to the existing both 1/2″ and 3/8″ cold water lines and faucet under your sink.
The system installation requires no plumbing but utilizes a quick-change twist design which makes installation easy and takes fewer minutes.
The filter cap is designed with a BUILT-IN shut-off valve. You do not need to shut off the water supply whenever you are replacing the cartridge.
During filter replacement, you only need to replace the filter cartridge and not the whole house.
Replacement cartridge is available using the link below
It has a flow rate of 2.0GPM @40 psi and the cartridge lasts 2 years or 1,600 gallons of water.
It comes with a lead-free stainless faucet with quick fittings.
Frizzlife MP99 under sink water filter installation guide
- Contaminants removed: chlorine taste and odor, salinity, lead, iron, manganese, tannins, dust, rust, and sediment
- Filter life – 400gallons/6 months
- Replacement filter – Ecosoft 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter Replacements
- Filter Stages-3 stages
Ecosoft is a 3-stage water filtration system. The 3-stages include:
1-stage: 5-micron polypropylene sediment filter which removes dust, rust, and sediment larger than 5-micron
2-stage: ecomix D531 filters which reduce chlorine byproduct, salinity, lead, iron, manganese, and tannins.
3-stage: activated coconut-based carbon shell filter that helps remove chlorine taste and odor.
The filter lasts for 6 months or 400 gallons. You can buy a replacement filter using the link below.
Ecosoft 3 Stage Under Sink Water Purifier Filtration System installation guide
Brondell’s is a three-stage water filtration system that consists of a sediment filter, pre-carbon filter, and carbon block filter.
3 stage filtration helps reduce contaminants such as chlorine taste and odor, heavy metals (such as lead and mercury), industrial chemicals (like benzene), total dissolved solids, volatile organic chemicals
The filters are designed to last for 12 months with a 600-gallon capacity. You don’t have to worry when it’s the right time to change the filter the system has an integrated LED filter change indicator that reminds you when to replace your filters.
You can buy a replacement filter using the link below
Features a Twist & Seal system that makes changing the water filter quickly and two “quick connect” hose connections make installation easy and fast. It also has a double O-ring filter seal to prevent leaks.
To guarantee quality Brondell filter system is Gold Seal-certified by the Water Quality Association for trusted performance and is certified for NSF/ANSI standards 42, 53, and 372 and CSA B483.1 for Lead. It also offers a one-year warranty.
It comes with a chrome kitchen faucet with an LED filter indicator.
Brondell is available in a single stage under counter water filtration system
iSpring US31 is a 3-stage under sink water filtration system. The three stages include PP sediment filtration, dual CTO carbon filtration, and the 2nd layer contains unique CTO filtration.
The filter helps remove contaminants such as
- Sediment help remove dust, particles, dust, and dirt
- CTO carbon filtration remove cloudiness, chlorine taste, and odor
- CTO filtration removes further cloudiness, chlorine taste, and odor
It comes with European-designed brushed nickel all-metal faucet and clear see-through 1st stage housing.
To guarantee water quality, material safety, and structural integrity the system is made to comply strictly with FDA standards and tested by independent third parties against NSF/ANSI standards (42, 53, and 61).
It is recommended to replace the filter every 6 to 12 months. You can buy a replacement filter using the link below
iSpring F3 6-Month Prefilter Replacement Supply Filter Cartridge Pack Set for Standard Reverse Osmosis RO Systems, F3, White
Watch video on how to install iSpring US31 Under Sink Water Filtration System Installation
Watts is a 2-stage under-counter water filtration system. The filter includes five-micron sediment and a one-micron carbon block filter
The filter helps remove contaminants such as simazine, atrazine, benzene, trihalomethanes (TTHM), lindane, xylenes, entamoeba cryptosporidium, giardia, chlorine taste, and odor from the water
Filter last after filtering 600 gallons. Buy replacement filter here
Watts Premier Lead, Cyst, VOC Carbon Block Two-Stage Replacement, 1 Count(Pack of 1), Filter Pack-
Watts offers more under sink water filtration systems including
- Watts Premier Pure UF-3, 3-Stage Water Filtration System, 531130 -Ultrafiltration system
- Watts WP2BVC Premier Two-Stage Microbiological Purifier Water Filtration System -best for well water
Water2Buy Undersink Drinking Water Filter System is designed to remove chlorine, sediment, and volatile organic compounds in your water.
It is recommended to replace the filter every 12 months per person. If you have 2 people replaced every 6 months.
GE GX1S50R Single Stage Under Sink Filter Water System that helps reduce lead, cysts, asbestos, chlorine taste and odor, and other contaminants.
it comes with a Chrome faucet with a filter replacement indicator.
Replace the filter every 6 months for better performance.
- Wingsol Under Sink Water Filter with Faucet (WS-QC-001 F) Municipal water
Wingsol Under Sink Water Filter with Faucet (WS-QC-001 F) uses a multi-stage PC filter that improves taste and reduces contaminants such as Chlorine, Odor, Smell, Color, VOCs, Sand, Rust, and Sediment
The filter lasts after treating 4000 gallons or 4-6 months. Replacement cartridge available in Amazon using the link below
More under sink water filter
- Tankless under sink RO system
- How to choose best under sink water filter
- inline under sink water filter
- Alkaline under sink water filter
- Under sink ultrafiltration system
- Under sink water filter for well water
- Waterdrop under sink water filter replacement
- Under sink water filter replacement cartridge
- Waterdrop under sink water filter