The countertop water filter is one of the most popular and simplest water filtering systems in our homes because it requires no installation. However, buying one for your home use or office is a daunting task. We got you covered, check out the countertop water filter buying guide
Best countertop water filters
Countertop water filter buying guide
What do you need to look before buying a countertop water filter
As the name applies countertop water filter are placed on the sinktop or table top.
You need adequate space on top of your counter to place the filter.
If you do not have enough space on your countertop you can decide to have a desk or table to place your filter. If not so you might consider installing other types of water filters like under sink water filter or faucet water filter.
- Impurities the system can filter.
Every water source has different contaminants and each countertop water filter brand is meant to remove specific contaminants.
Before buying know the contaminants that are in your water so that you know the right system to filter the impurities.
- How much water your family can consume every day.
The most countertop water filter can treat water for a family of six. Also, the more water you consume the more frequent you will have to change the filter.
The more people you have in your family the more frequent you will be required to change the filter and this might be expensive compared to other types of water filters.
Countertop water filters use cartridges and require to be replaced after a given period of time.
Most of the brands require cartridge to be replaced every four months up to one year.
Choose the product that can take long to replace and the cost is affordable.
- Types of the countertop water filter.
There are different types of countertop water filters that you can choose from. This include:
- Countertop gravity water filter
A gravity dispenser uses gravity to pull water through the filter.
It has an upper chamber and lower chamber.
The upper chamber is where contaminated water is poured then passes through the filter which is between lower and upper.
The filtered water will flow to the lower chamber where is stored.
The filter dispenser does not require electricity to operate, do not need any installation; it can sit on any countertop either in the office or kitchen.
The only disadvantage is keeping on adding water and waiting for a couple of hours for the whole process.
2. Countertop Water Filter Dispenser
It works with the same principle as gravity water filter above.
3. Sinktop filter
It is a filter installed in your faucet system to clean the water before it runs out of the tap.
Some require a specialized plumber to install the whole system.
4. Countertop reverse osmosis filter
This type uses a reverse osmosis membrane to filter contaminated water.
They are suitable for homes with high exposure to heavy metals and spacious kitchen sink tops.
5. Countertop water filter pitcher
The pitcher is a jug that has a filter and is placed on the countertop or table.
6. Countertop alkaline water filter
This type of filter is connected to the standard kitchen faucet. They not only remove contaminants but has a special filter cartridge that adds important minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium on the regular water leaving you with alkaline water.
This type has a PH level adjusted.
Advantages of countertop water filter
- Easy to install and doesn’t require plumbing to change or fix.
- The most countertop water filter uses a combination of different filtration with multiple stages, providing clean water for drinking.
- The filter is replaced once a year.
- They don’t clog easily if compared with faucet and pitcher filter
- It keeps reminding you to drink more water- There are placed on more visible places compared to other filters such as under the sink or whole house water filter which is placed under the counter or water filter pitcher which is put in a fridge. So when the water filter is on your countertop it encourages taking recommended water every day.
Disadvantages of countertop water filter
- They take countertop space
- They don’t fit all faucets, so you need to purchase an adapter.
- They take a long time to filter water for instance you can take five hours to distill one gallon.
How to install a countertop water filter
Installing the countertop water filter is simple, no professional or plumbing is required.
It has a diverter valve to replace. This is the only part you need most.
Unscrew aerator of the tap
Screw the water filter diverter and you are done.
Bonus video on how to install
How a countertop water filter works
Most of the countertop water filters in different stages and each one of them is responsible to remove specific contaminants present in your water.
Which contaminants does countertop water filter remove?
Countertop water filter help remove chlorine, particulates, volatile organic compounds, radon, turbidity, bacteria, virus, bad odor, and taste
In case the filter has reverse osmosis membrane it help remove total dissolved solids and other heavy metals like mercury, lead, fluoride and more.
Which kitchen faucet do countertop water filter connect?
Most countertop water filter connect to standard kitchen faucet but make sure before you purchase you confirm it works with specific faucet type.
If you have a small space and you are looking for a less expensive way to provide your family with clean water for drinking, and cooking use a countertop water filter is a good choice for you.
In our review, we have provided various water filters that remove different contaminants.
Make sure you read the review thoroughly so as you choose the best water filter that will remove impurities present in your water.
If you are using countertop in your house please let us know which model you are using and how is doing in the comment section below.
13 Best water countertop water filter
- Watts 500315 Counter-Top Drinking Water Filter
- Aquasana AQ-4000W Countertop Water Filter System
- The Stainless Steel Countertop Water Purifier Filter (10 Micron Carbon Block) lake industries
- Brondell H2O+ Cypress Countertop Water Filter System
- CleanWater4Less® Countertop Water Filtration System
- Coway Aquamega 100 Water Purifier
- Big Berkey BK4X2
- Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2
- Brita 60258360394 Ultra Max Filtering Dispenser
- ZIP Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter by puricom
- ZEN water systems 4 Gallon
- APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter
- Aquasana Clean Water Machine, Powered Water Filter Pitcher
Liked the post? pin it!
- Best glass water filter pitcher
- Alkaline water filter pitcher
- Countertop water filter
- Faucet water filter
- Ultrafiltration membrane system
- Shower head filter
- UV water filter
- Best water filter pitcher
- Ro spare parts
- Reverse osmosis water system
- Best whole house water filter
- best water purification tablet
- Best portable water filter
- Best reusable water bottle
- Best water bottle for kids
- Water purifier buying guide
- water filter buying guide