The countertop water filter faucet is called a “faucet style hook-up.” It comes with a dispenser that sits right on the kitchen countertop next to sinks and a diverter valve or adapter that is attached directly to your existing kitchen tap or faucet.
Countertop water filter faucet comparison chart
How Countertop water filter faucet works
The countertop water filter faucet comes with a dispenser and a diverter valve or adapter. Inside the dispenser is where the filters are installed and are designed to sit on the kitchen countertop next to the sink.
The diverter valve or adapter connects directly to your existing kitchen tap and lets you easily switch between filtered and unfiltered water.
Water from the kitchen tap passes through the filters in the dispenser, removing all contaminants, and the adapter lets you easily select filtered or unfiltered water.
There is no need for an extra hole in your sink to enjoy filtered water; attach the diverter to the existing tap, and the countertop unit takes up a small space on your counter.
See our page about countertop water filter replacement cartridges to get the right replacement filter for your system.
Our 7 top picks for 2022
- Best alkaline: Waterdrop WD-CTF-01 Countertop Water Filter
- Best pick: APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter
- Second pick: Aquasana AQ-4000W Countertop Water Filter System
- Best stainless: CleanWater4Less® Countertop Water Filtration System
- Best plastic: Ecosoft Countertop Water Filter System for Faucet Mount with Extra Filtration Cartridge
- See-through housing: iSpring CKC1C Countertop Drinking Water Filtration System with Carbon Filter
- 10 stages remove more contaminants: New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Plus Water Filter System
- Good choice too: Ifilter Countertop Ultra Drinking Water Filter
Countertop faucet water filter system reviews
- Filtration stage: 1-stage
- Filter duration: 3000 gallons
- Size: 16″ H x 6″ W x 4″ D.
- Impurities removed: chlorine tastes and odors, sediment, silt, sand, and rust.
With a high-quality coconut shell carbon filter, it reduces chlorine tastes and odors, sediment, silt, sand, and rust.
It is capable of being used at home, camping, and hiking.
It operates by the use of a diverter valve attached to the main sink faucet.
This filter design fits into a small area on the countertop.
The Watts countertop filter accepts all standard 10-inch replacement filter elements, or you can buy Watts MAXETW-975 10-Inch 5-Micron for Multi-Cartridge Whole House Water Filter with Solid Block Activated Carbon right from Amazon.
- Filtration stage: 3-stage
- Filter duration: 6 months or after 450 gallons.
- Size: 12 x 7 x 4 inches
- Impurities removed: chlorine, cysts, particulates, turbidity, asbestos, Cryptosporidium, mercury, lead, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), and Giardia
This water filter is easier to install. You just attach a diverter to the existing tap and the countertop unit takes up a small space on the counter.
It filters water in three stages. This includes:
- combination of carbon filtration
- Activated carbon: Removes VOCs, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, pesticides, and MTBE.
- Catalytic carbon targets chlorine and chloramine.
- Ion-Exchange: Help filter heavy metals like lead and mercury.
- Absolute Sub-Micron Mechanical Filtration: Captures asbestos and chlorine resistant cysts like cryptosporidium and giardia.
Aquasana twin cartridges use a combination of carbon filtration, sub-micron, and ion-exchange which reduces contaminants such as chlorine, cysts, particulates, turbidity, asbestos, Cryptosporidium, mercury, lead, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), and Giardia
It is NSF certified and uses Selective Claryum filtration technology to remove harmful contaminants and preserve beneficial minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium for optimal hydration.
If you are in a rental house or you don’t need to install permanent water, a countertop water filter is a solution to your water problems.
The countertop water filter is affordable, doesn’t require professional experience to install, and filters out most of the most common contaminants in the water.
The Aquasana filter lasts for 6 months or 450 gallons. The Aquasana Replacement Filter Cartridges for Aquasana Countertop Water Filtration System are found in the Amazon store nearby.
Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter Installation
- Filtration stage: 3-stage
- Filter duration: each stage has a specific filter that is not replaced at the same time. 6-12 months
- Size: 13.5 x 3.8 x 10.5 inches.
- Impurities removed: chlorine, particulates, volatile organic compounds, radon, turbidity, bacteria, viruses, bad odor, and taste.
The Brondell countertop water filter system filters water in three stages, and each stage removes specific contaminants, providing healthy water for human consumption. The three stages include:
Stage 1 composite plus filter: This first filter is a pre-filter protecting the other two following filters. It is best for removing particulates such as sand, rust, and fine particles. It is recommended to replace it after six months.
Stage 2 nano-trap filter: this is a specialized, patented, and innovative nanotechnology made of alumina and cellulose fibers that are best for removing turbidity, bacteria, viruses, and other harmful waterborne microorganisms. It is recommended to replace it after 12 months.
Stage 3 carbon block filter: the final stage of water filtration helps to reduce further particulate, volatile organic compounds, chlorine, bad taste, and odor. It is recommended to be replaced after six months.
This water filter is tested and certified by the water quality association.
Brondell H630 H2O+ Cypress is installed in two ways you can easily attach it to the faucets with the adapter provided and fits most faucets. The second method is under the sink.
An elegant and slim design makes the Brondel countertop water filter fits on most counters. It also has push-button control for dispensing filtered water without wasting water.
Brondell H630 H2O+ Cypress installation video
The Brondell H2O+ Pearl has a sleek and compact countertop design.
It comes with an adapter that fits most standard kitchen faucets but is not compatible with integrated pull-out or pull-down sprayer types of faucets.
The system uses a powerful carbon filter that lasts for six months.
When it’s time to replace your water filter, the filter change indicator reminds you.
It is tested and certified by WQA (Water Quality Association) & 1-year limited warranty.
Brondell H2O+ Pearl installation video
Brondell replacement filter
All Brondell filters are tested and certified by WQA (Water Quality Association)
This is the replacement filter for the Brondell Pearl H625 water filtration system.
It is an activated carbon filter that lasts for 6 months.
The filter is tested and certified by WQA (Water Quality Association).
This is the first stage of the Brondell H2O+ Cypress (H630) 3-stage water filtration system.
The first stage is a pre-filter that removes particulates.
It lasts for 6 months.
This is the second stage of the Brondell H2O+ Cypress (H630) 3-stage water filtration system that lasts for 12 months.
This is the third stage of the Brondell H2O+ Cypress (H630) 3-stage water filtration system that lasts for 6 months.
- Filtration stage: 3-stage
- Filter duration: three months or 500 gallons
- Size: 12H x 4.5L x 4.5W
- Impurities removed: fluoride, arsenic, chlorine, pesticides, herbicides, sediments, and volatile organic compounds (VOC).
With three-stage filters, it removes contaminants such as fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals that create foul taste and odor in your tap water.
- Activated alumina removes fluoride and arsenic.
- Coconut shell carbon: removes pesticides, herbicides, chlorine, VOCs, and other chemicals.
- Five-micron compression disks filter sediment down to 5 microns.
It is easy to install, and the installation is done with no tools.
Its compact design makes it portable; fits the most sink top and takes up minimal space.
The filter should be changed after every three months or 500 gallons and you can buy Home Master CFF2E-10 Jr F2 Elite Replacement Water Filter, Activated Alumina/GACC/KDF85 Fluoride Filter from Amazon.
New Wave Enviro is a 10-stage water filter that is capable of removing contaminants such as chlorine, lead, trihalomethanes, organic and inorganic arsenic, mercury, pesticides, and herbicides.
The 10 stages include:
- 50-micron pad to trap large solids such as rust
- Silver impregnated activated carbon
- Cation exchange resin in H+ removes heavy metals such as copper, mercury, and lead.
- Cation exchange resin in ca+
- Anion exchange resin removes phosphate and sulphate anions
- Inorganic component
- Activate carbon (washed)
- Activated carbon (non-washed)
- Ion exchange fibers
- 5-micron pad
It filters up to 800 gallons
How it works
Ecosoft uses coconut-based activated carbon shells that remove contaminants such as sediment, chlorine, and lead.
The cartridge lasts up to 3–6 months.
The filter is available in different colors such as green, red, white, black, and blue.
Ecosoft Countertop Water Filter System Installation video
The iSpring CKC1C Countertop Drinking Water Filtration System includes a 5-micron, 10-inch carbon filter that removes chlorine, odors, sand, silt, sediment, rust, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) like pesticides, herbicides, and industrial chemicals from your drinking water.
The filter is tested by an independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI standards. It is ideal for city water.
It has a see-through housing that allows you to see the filter and know when to change it.
Included in the pack are a standard 10 inch CTO cartridge, a plastic wrench, two faucet adapters, tubing, and an O-ring.
iSpring CKC2 multi-stage
It has two different forms of carbon filtration in a single system, using both activated carbon and carbon block filters.
The unit removes sediment and rust, chlorine taste and odor, and scale.
The multi-stage include
- 1st Stage: Sediment Filter: With a five-micron rating, it is effective for removing dirt, rust, sand particles, and other pollutants.
- 2nd Stage: GAC Carbon Filter: Adsorbs chlorine, halides, organic contaminants, odors, and other impurities that contribute to bad taste and odor.
- 3rd Stage: CTO Carbon Filter: Removes remaining chlorine, halide, organic contaminants, and odors.
Recommended to replace the filter every 6 months.
The AmazonBasics AMZB-G30CW is a 5-stage water filtration system that helps reduce particulates, chlorine, and unpleasant odors.
The filter has a lifespan of 30,000 gallons. After the filter runs 30,000 gallons, you don’t replace it, but throw it away and buy a new one. It requires no replacement filter.
If your water has lead, you can add Amazon Basics AMZN-GMPB Guardian Max to your countertop system. The add-on filter helps remove lead.
This add-on water filter has a 1000-gallon lifespan. It has been tested and certified against NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 53.
Ronaqua One Stage includes a 10 inch 5-micron Block Activated Carbon Filter that helps remove sediment, scale, rust, dirt, coarse sand, fine sand, extra fine sand, and silt and removes chlorine, odors, particles, and tastes.
The 5-micron block carbon cartridge is wrapped and sealed and meets NSF Standards and Regulations.
Replace the filter two to three times a year (12,000 gallons), but this depends on water quality.
The Ronaqua countertop water filtration system is available in different stages
- Stage 1 includes a 5-micron carbon filter.
- Stage 2 includes a 5-micron sediment filter and a 5-micron carbon filter.
Ronaqua countertop water filtration system replacement filter
Ifilter Countertop Ultra Drinking Water Filter utilizes a coconut shell carbon filter that removes contaminants down to 0.5 microns.
The system helps remove contaminants such as
- Heavy metals like lead and mercury
- Chlorine resistant cysts like giardia and cryptosporidium
- Organic chemicals like herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, and VOCs
- Turbidity and many more.
Replace your filter every 750 gallons or 6–12 months
Ifilter replacement filter- Ifilter Coconut Shell CTO, Cyst Carbon Block Drinking Water Filter, 2.5 x 10, 0.5 micron[/su_box]
How to install most countertop water filter faucets
Remove the aerator from the existing faucet.
Switch diverter to allow water to pass through the filter.