Hard water does not pose a health problem in our lives but can hurt our home appliances and body. Keep reading to find out the effects of hard water on your home and body.
- Hard water cause builds up on your plumbing fixtures
Hard water has calcium and magnesium which create scale build-up on the pipes and household appliances like heaters, boilers, washing machines, kettles, and dishwashers.
In the pipe, you will have less water pressure, and it will cause us to use a lot of water, therefore, leading to a high water bill. If the time goes without repairing the pipe, the scale build-up may cause blockage causing the pipe to burst which can be costly to repair.
On the heaters and boilers will decrease the heating efficiency of water leading to the increased electricity bill. Also, in the house appliances, it may reduce lifespan and cause expensive repair and maintenance.
- Effects of hard water on hair
Hard water leaves behind a residue in your hair. The residue rips of natural oil from your hair making it look dull. In case your hair is color-treated using hard water causes it to fade away leading to repeated color treatment which can be expensive.
Also, the high mineral content present in the hard water causes breakage and thinning of the hair leading to hair loss.
Using hard water to clean your hair cause shampoo not lather easily, leading to more use of detergent which is costly.
Also, hard water becomes hard to rinse off the shampoo and conditioner thoroughly. The remaining shampoo and conditioner cause your head skin flake off leading to dandruff development.
When hair is washed with hard water, it becomes tangled making it hard to comb
- Makes soap not lather easily
Hard water reduces lathering of soap and detergent causing you to use more soap
- Stained dishes and clothes
Cleaning clothes and dishes using hard water create scale buildup leaving them with spots.
It is not easy to rinse detergent on clothes using hard water leaving them on clothes. Also since the detergents will not dissolve well in water, it will remain behind on clothes as a residue.
When the clothes with detergent come to contact with your body, it may cause rashes and especially on delicate baby skin.
- Effects of hard water on the skin
When hard water comes to contact with your skin some of the minerals are left behind. The minerals left behind absorb a lot of oil. The work of oil your body produces helps lubricate your skin and hold the moisture so when the mineral absorbs the oil it leaves your skin dry.
When your skin peels, looks dull and gets dry it makes you look older. That means you will look older than your age.
Also, the minerals that are left behind on your skin can clog your skin pores the same it does on the plumbing fixtures. The clogged pores can cause breakouts and deteriorate skin problems like eczema.
It becomes hard for hard water to rinse soap on the skin leaving your skin dry and then irritated and itchy.
In addition to soap hard water prevents the soap from lathering well making it less effective to clean your skin. This will force you to scrub the skin for longer leading your skin dries out more and fewer problems.
Everybody produces oil which is distributed using the pores of your skin so when the pores are clogged the oil gets trapped inside the body which mostly led for pimples and acne to form.
Minerals present in hard water can form radicals that can easily damage skin cells leading wrinkles to form.
- Effects of hard water on teeth
The minerals in hard water are not likely to damage your teeth. As we all know calcium has a benefit on your teeth. It helps in keeping your teeth and bone strong
Did I miss anything share in the comment section below
- Buyers guide water softener
- Salt-free water softener
- Water softener salt
- Water softener parts
- Water hardness test kit
- Water softener resin
- How to test water hardness at home
- Types of water softener
- Water softener installation
- How a water softener works
- How much is a water softener
- How to maintain an ion exchange water softener
- Type of water softener resin
- How to clean water softener resin
- Water softener resin cleaner
- Turn off the water softener
- The benefit of a water softener
- How to program a water softener
- water softener resin replacement
- Portable water softener
- Signs your house need a water softener
- Best water softener for well water
- Genesis water softener
- GE water softener
- Fleck Water softener
- Pelican water softener reviews
- Whirlpool water softener reviews
- Morton water softener reviews
- Water boss softeners reviews
- Nuvo water softener reviews
- Kinetico water softener reviews
- Kenmore water softener
- How to soften water without a water softener
- How to remove hard water stains