The genesis water softener is one of the best water softener available in the market.
The manufacturer of the Genesis water softener is unknown but discount water softener is the only company that sells this type of water softener.
The sellers (discount) handle even the warranty and other shipping issues.
All the model of the Genesis is manufactured and assembled in the USA.
In this article, we have done research and provided an unbiased review of Genesis water softener.
There are different models of Genesis water softener. We are going to review
Genesis water softener reviews
- Capacity-24,000, 3200, 40000 and 48000 grains
- Demand Metered control head
- 10% Crosslink Resin
- Lifetime warranty on resin and brine tank
- 7-years warranty on the control head
- Downflow regeneration
Genesis EconoSoft Water Softener uses on-demand metered control. The control features simplified programming, setup, and installation making it easier for DIY’ers.
In the package includes:
- 1.25 Cu. Ft. 10% Crosslink Resin which is made in North America
- ¾ and 1 inch Noryl Plastic Threaded connections
- Resin tank which measures 10×44
- Brine tank which measures 13 x34 and holds 220lbs of salt.
- Control Head/Valve
- Salt Grid and Safety Overflow Assembly
The resin tank and brine tank has a lifetime warranty while the control head/valve has a 7-years warranty.
This type has a capacity of 24,000 Grains which is ideal for families of four and water that does not contain any grains that are relatively hard.
Also, the 24,000 grains supplies 8-gallons of water per minute that is enough to run dishwashers, kitchen faucet, two showers, and washing machine.
The Econsoft water softener utilizes 10% Crosslink Resin which last longer on chlorine water, therefore, making it ideal for tap water.
It is suitable for municipal water because it is pretreated therefore has fewer grains.
If you want this model but in larger grain, the Econosoft is available in different capacity-32000 grains, 40000 grains, and 48000 grains.
Terms used in Genesis water softener
- Downflow and upflow brining/regeneration
In Genesis water softener there some system that regenerates upflow others downflow brining.
In a water softener usually, the resin with high hardness is at the top and with least hardness are at the bottom.
The downflow regeneration, the brine flows from top to bottom.
The water comes into the tank through the upper basket then goes around the tank from top to bottom.
The hardness is discharged outside using the distributor tube to the drain.
Since the high hardness is at the top, the water is distributed from top to bottom.
The water with high hardness flow to the resin with least hardness.
Sometimes water with hign hardness can block the brine from reaching the bottom of the resin bed leaving them without being cleaned which is known as channeling.
Channeling can lead to an ineffective softener. The downflow regeneration requires backflush more often to avoid channelling.
Upflow regeneration the brine flows from bottom to top.
The water flows into the resin tank through the upper basket then at the bottom of the riser tube to the lower basket attached on the tube.
The water is distributed from the bottom of the tank which has resin with least hardness to top with high hardness then drives hardness mineral away from resin to the drain.
The upflow brining is efficient, require less backflush, uses less salt and water compared to downflow.
The Genesis water softener is capable of removing iron up to 3-3.5ppm as well as soften water. Hardness can be as much as 50-60gpg.
The frequency of regeneration depends on your water usage.
Most models can handle water pressure up to 125PSI
The system can be installed outside as long the cable can reach the electrical outlet. It needs 110V electrical.
Also, it requires to be shielded so the company sells a cover for the control valve which is only purchased on the website, not Amazon.
The model is shipped with the resin already installed in the tank which has capacity below 48,000 grain.
The tank with grain above 48000, the resin is not preinstalled in the resin tank. It comes packed separately with a funnel for easier installation.
You can use either potassium chloride or sodium chloride on Genesis water softener.
The system is shipped out with the standard salt setting.
The only thing you need is to adjust the system to high capacity if you are using potassium chloride
The Genesis water softener is used in both private well water and city water the only thing you need to do is change the setting of the control valve.
If your private water well is high in iron and sediment you need an iron filter and a sediment filter.
All Genesis water softener comes with a bypass valve.
Genesis water softener manual
We have prepared link of different model of genesis water softener manual.
Genesis water softener installation
Watch the video of Genesis water softener set and installation for Genesis upflow, genesis premier and revolution
Genesis Upflow or Premier Water Softener Programming
- Buyers guide water softener
- Salt-free water softener
- Water softener salt
- Best ion exchange water softener
- Water softener parts
- Water hardness test kit
- Water conditioner
- Water softener resin
- How to test water hardness at home
- Types of water softener
- Water softener installation
- How a water softener works
- How to maintain an ion exchange water softener
- Type of water softener resin
- How to clean water softener resin
- Water softener resin cleaner
- Turn off the water softener
- The benefit of a water softener
- How to program a water softener
- Water softener resin replacement
- Effects of hard water
- Portable water softener
- Signs your house need a water softener
- Best water softener for well water
- Kinetico water softener reviews
- Water softener frequently asked question
- Best water softener for well water
- Best Whole water softener
- Fleck Water softener
- GE water softener
- How to clean water softener
- Kenmore water softener
- Morton water softener reviews
- Nuvo water softener reviews
- Pelican water softener reviews
- Water softener vs water conditioner
- Water softener system cost
- Water boss softeners reviews
- Whirlpool water softener reviews