Buying alkaline water from your nearest store or online is expensive. We will teach simple natural ways on how to make water alkaline if you don’t want to spend money on buying those bottled alkaline water.
Here are simple ways to make water alkaline at home
#1 using baking soda
Using baking soda is one of the most well-known methods that people use to increase water PH at home.
Use 1/8 tablespoon/ 600mg of baking soda and add it in 8 ounces /0.237 liters of filtered/purified water.
Shake until baking soda dissolve
Caution baking soda is high in sodium so if you are on a special diet that requires the use of less salt then this method is not ideal for you.
#2 use of lemon juice
Use 1/8 tablespoon of lemon juice and add it in 8 ounces of filtered water
#3 use of PH drops
PH drops help raise the level of your standard water to alkaline.
Add a few drops of PH drop to each glass of filtered water
#4 alkaline water filter pitcher or jug
An alkaline water filter pitcher is a jug that comes with an alkaline filter.
The filter removes contaminants in the water then at final stages add minerals such as calcium and magnesium which makes your water alkaline.
How the jug work
- The jug comes with a filter that works in different stages to treat your water.
- You add water at the top of the jug
- The water passes through the first stages of the filter where the contaminants in the water are removed.
- After removal of the contaminants, the water then goes through another stage called remineralization where important minerals such as magnesium and others are added.
- The treated water goes to the bottom of the jug which is now ready for use.
#5 Multi-stage water filter system
Most water filter system is known for removing contaminants in water such as chlorine, heavy metals, fluoride, and particulate.
There are water filter systems that have multi-stage which include different layers of treating water.
Within the stages, there is the last stage known as remineralization where a small amount of minerals such as calcium and magnesium is released in water to Increase water PH.
The system includes countertop water filter like (APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter – Alkaline White), faucet water filter like (Invigorated water), Reverse osmosis system like (iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Superb Taste High Capacity Under Sink Reverse Osmosis)
A water ionizer is a machine that works on separating negative and positive electrodes in water.
The system returns the water in two ways one way acidic and the one alkaline.
One disadvantage of using water ionizer they produce water that has a PH up to 12 which is too high for human consumption.
#7 use of lemon slices and Himalayan salt
You will use
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Put 64 oz of clean filtered water in a jug, clean the lemon and cut into pieces.
- Add the pieces of clean lemon in the water without squeezing the juice
- Then add 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt and cover
Let the mixture sit overnight (12 hours)
Your water is ready for drinking.
#8 use of lemon and water
Put 64 oz of filtered water in the jug
Cut one clean lemon into pieces and add in the water
Do not squeeze the lemon just place the lemon in water
Cover the water and let it sit for 12 hours
An Alkaline water filter bottle is another way to make ionized water while traveling, at the office, hiking, shopping, and on holiday.
The bottle has a filtration system that increases the water PH level and at the same time removes contaminants.
#10: How to make alkaline water with apple cider vinegar
You will need 500mililiter/16ounces of water and ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
Mix both and stir. You alkaline water is ready
#12: How to make alkaline water with cucumber
You will need few slices of cucumber and 500 milliliter of water/16ounces.
Combine both and give cucumber time to seep in water.
You can prepare it in the morning before you sleep and your alkaline water will be ready in the morning.
#13: Use of Alkaline sticks
The stick contains natural ingredients that help regulate PH levels.
Before trying to make water alkaline at home test your water to know PH level using PH test kit.
How to test the water
- Fetch water from the tap and put it in the glass
- Use PH kit which comes with strip and color chart
- Dip the strip in water and wait for a moment
- Compare the color on the strip with the colors on the chart
Water from the tap is at 7 levels if the level is below 7 it is acidic and above 7 is Base.
Using the above methods is more affordable, easy, and long term compared with buying bottled.
The ways also help reduce wastage of plastic bottles in our environment.
Do you know any effective ways to make water alkaline at home please share the idea with us using the comment box below?
- How to test water PH at home
- Best digital PH meter
- Countertop alkaline water filter
- Alkaline water benefits
- Alkaline water vs ionized water
Like this post? Pin it!