- Comparison table
- How does a Nuvo water softener work?
- Nuvo water softener reviews
- NuvoH2O System Installation & Cartridge Replacement
- Nuvo water softener replacement cartridge
- How long does Nuvo cartridge last?
- How much does a Nuvo system cost?
- Does citric acid soften water?
- What is Nuvo H20?
- Does Nuvo H20 remove iron?
- How does a Nuvo system work?
Nuvo water softener is one of the best salt-free water softener available in the market.
The salt-free water softener does not remove hard water minerals but retains them in water conditioning them not to form scale on appliances.
The softener conditions hard water without the use of salt, therefore, it help save a lot of money on buying salt and energy used for regeneration.
|Name||Image||Specification||Replacement cartridge||Where to buy|
|NuvoH2O Manor System||Suitable for home with 4 or more people or over 2,000 square fit , Dimension - 8" x 29", Water flow – 15-18GPM, Capacity – 50,000 gallons, Cartridge -4" x 20" replaced after every 20,000 gallons.||Nuvo H2O MHP-42516 Manor Replacement Cartridge||Amazon|
|Nuvo H2O Dphb-a Home Water Softener System||Suitable for home with 1-2 person or up to 2,000 SQ feet, Dimension - 5" x 24" , Water flow – 12-15GPM , Capacity – 35,000 gallons , Cartridge -2" x 10" replaced after every 20,000 gallons.||Nuvo H2O Home Replacement Cartridge||Amazon|
|NUVO H2O DPSB Studio Water Softener System||Suitable for home with 1-person or up to 1,000 SQ feet, Dimension - 5" x 14" , Water flow – 12-15GPM , Capacity – 12,000 gallons , Cartridge -2" x 10" replaced after every 10,000 gallons.||Nuvo H2O Studio Replacement Cartridge||Amazon|
The system is purposely to designed for water descaling or conditioning.
The brand offers three variety of water softener that is designed for a small, medium, and large household. The brand includes:
- NUVO H2O DPSB Studio Water Softener System– for homes under 1,000 square feet or 1-person
- Nuvo H2O Dphb-a Home Water Softener System- for homes between 1000 to 2000 square feet or 1-2 person
- Nuvo H2O Dpmb-a Manor Water Softener System – for homes over 2000 square feet or more than 4 people.
How does a Nuvo water softener work?
Nuvo water softener conditions water through a process called chelation.
The chelation process binds and isolates calcium ions, preventing them from precipitating out and forming scale.
It has a cartridge that adds citric acid in water.
The citric charge released from the cartridge form a ring structure that binds hard water ions, therefore, prevent scale and hard water deposits from forming.
To help understand better how the citric acid works in this system.
Citric acid is a weak organic acid naturally found in fruits and vegetables.
It is a natural preservative and Chelant, which is mostly used to preserve foods and soft drinks.
When it comes to water, PH is the main thing that determines whether or not the scale will form.
Pure water has a PH level of seven -7 known as neutral. If greater than 7 is alkaline or basic and less than 7 is acidic.
The hard water has high PH above 7, which is alkaline so what citric acid or citric charge does it decreases the PH level closer to 7 or neutral level, reducing its potential to form scale.
The system reduces PH and prevents the build-up of scale in your plumbing system and water-based appliances.
Why choose Nuvo water softener
- Unlike the traditional salt-based water softener it conditions hard water using no salt and regeneration.
- It is an eco-friendly system because it doesn’t use salt, no electricity, and no water wastage.
- Since you do not use salt, electricity and no water wastage the system help save money.
- Prevent scale build-up and removes existing hard water scale.
- It is also working to remove the copper oxide.
- The system is FDA and NSF approved
- It has a compact design that fits almost everywhere, especially condos and small apartments.
- The system has a built-in bypass and off-setting no need to plumb a bypass loop.
- When it comes to warranty, the system offers a lifetime warranty.
The disadvantage of NUVO H2O Water Softener System
- It is not recommended for a home with a private well, closed-loop recirculation systems or wood-fired boiler applications.
- Requires specialized tool for installation and you are required to hire professional
Nuvo water softener reviews
- Suitable for a home with 1-person or up to 1,000 SQ feet
- Dimension – 5″ x 14″
- Water flow – 12-15GPM
- Capacity – 12,000 gallons
- Cartridge -2″ x 10″ replaced after every 10,000 gallons.
- FDA and NSF approved
The NUVO H2O DPSB Studio Water Softener System uses the scientific process of chelation, which is a revolutionary technology that lowers the PH level of water-based.
The chelating agent in Nuvo water softener is FDA approved, which keeps hard water minerals soluble and prevent scale formation.
It has a compact design which makes it ideal to fit anywhere.
This model uses 2×10 inches cartridges which are replaced after every 10,000 gallons.
The size is suitable for apartment or RV with 1 person or up to 1,000 sq feet.
When purchasing the system comes with one cartridge, and after 10,000 gallons, you need to replace.
Replacement cartridge is available online here
- Suitable for a home with 1-2 person or up to 2,000 SQ feet
- Dimension – 5″ x 24″
- Water flow – 12-15GPM
- Capacity – 35,000 gallons
- Cartridge -2″ x 10″ replaced after every 20,000 gallons.
- FDA and NSF approved
Like any other Nuvo H2O water softener, the Nuvo H2O Dphb-a Home Water Softener System uses revolution technology to lower the PH level of water base by a process call chelation.
The chelating agent in NuvoH2O’s FDA and NSF approved.
It uses 2×20 inches replacement cartridge which is replaced after every 20,000 gallons. You can find the replacement cartridge here.
This model is ideal for home with 1-2 people or up to 2,000 square feet.
The system comes with one cartridge, and replacement one is available
- Suitable for a home with 4 or more people or over 2,000 square fit
- Dimension – 8″ x 29″
- Water flow – 15-18GPM
- Capacity – 50,000 gallons
- Cartridge -4″ x 20″ replaced after every 20,000 gallons.
- FDA and NSF approved
The NuvoH2O Manor System still uses revolutionary technology to lower pH levels.
The chelation cartridge is FDA and NSF approved.
This model uses 4″ x 20″ cartridge which is replaced after every 50,000 gallons.
The replacement cartridge is available here.
It is ideal for homes of 4 or more people or over 2,000 square fits.
NuvoH2O System Installation & Cartridge Replacement
The system is easy to install but requires a specialized tool to cut your home water mainline.
It is recommended you hire to hire a professional to ensure the job is well done.
Because of its compact design, the system requires little space and no floor space is needed.
It is installed on the main cold water supply line and in the package includes a softener system, its cartridge, a mounting backplate, mounting bracket, screws, housing wrench, and detailed installation instructions.
The cartridge is easy and can be done by homeowners.
Watch the video for Installation & Cartridge Replacement
Nuvo water softener is technically not a water softener but a water conditioner.
The hard water minerals are still present in water, but the system works in such a way that it prevents the system from forming scale.
If you want to eradicate hard water minerals, you can only use a water softener that softens water using a process called ion exchange.
It is not the ideal choice for homes with extremely hard water above 10 GPM
How long does Nuvo cartridge last?
Nuvo water softener offers three types of cartridge
Nuvo H2O SHP-2516 Studio High for Studio High-Performance Water Softener which is replaced after 10,000 gallons.
Nuvo H2O Manor Water Softener Replacement Cartridge for Manor water softener which has a life span of 50,000 gallons.
Nuvo H2O HHP-2516 for home high-performance water softener which is replaced after 20,000 gallons
You simply change the cartridge once after six months for home and manor model or after 3 months for the studio system.
Changing the cartridge is easy and it takes 60 seconds.
How much does a Nuvo system cost?
Pricing from the company will cost as follows
The home system costs $649 and comes with the first cartridge of value $69.99 for a single payment.
For those who are paying in installment, you will pay processing fee of $29.95 and after 30 days you will be billed $233 three months installment costing a total of $728
The manor system costs $949 and comes with the first cartridge of value $89.99 for a single payment.
For those who are paying in installment, you will pay processing fee of $29.95 and after 30 days you will be billed $333 three months installment costing a total of $1028.95
The studio system costs $477 and comes with the first cartridge for a single payment.
For those who are paying in installment, you will pay processing fee of $29.95 and after 30 days you will be billed $166.33 three months installment costing a total of $528.94
The system is available in online stores like Amazon
Does citric acid soften water?
It will prevent scale build-up on the surface.
What is Nuvo H20?
Nuvo H20 is a water conditioner system that conditions hard water without using salt through a process called chelation, therefore, binds scale formation on a surface.
Does Nuvo H20 remove iron?
How does a Nuvo system work?
Do you use Nuvo H20? How it fares for you? What do you like ? what don’t you like? Please share with us in the comment section below.
- Buyers guide water softener
- Salt-free water softener
- Water softener salt
- Water softener parts
- Water hardness test kit
- Water conditioner
- Water softener resin
- How to test water hardness at home
- Types of water softener
- Water softener installation
- How a water softener works
- How to maintain an ion exchange water softener
- Type of water softener resin
- How to clean water softener resin
- Water softener resin cleaner
- Turn off the water softener
- The benefit of a water softener
- How to program a water softener
- Water softener resin replacement
- Effects of hard water
- Portable water softener
- Signs your house need a water softener
- Best water softener for well water
- Genesis water softener
- Kinetico water softener reviews
- Water softener frequently asked question
- Best water softener for well water
- Best Whole water softener
- Fleck Water softener
- GE water softener
- How to clean water softener
- Kenmore water softener
- Morton water softener reviews
- Pelican water softener reviews
- Water softener vs water conditioner
- Water softener system cost
- Water boss softeners reviews
- Whirlpool water softener reviews