- Brand comparison of Portable water softener
- Our top pick for 2021
- On the go water softener
- ABC portable water softener
- Mobile soft water
- How do portable water softeners work?
- Which salt does a portable water softener use to regenerate?
- How do you regenerate a portable water softener?
- What is the best RV water softeners
- How long does a portable water softener lasts?
Enjoying the benefit of a water softener is not only for homeowners. With the new technology, you can enjoy softened water wherever you go, and that’s where a portable water softener comes in.
Brand comparison of Portable water softener
|Name||Image||Size||Salt||Where to buy|
|1||On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT-Portable||16000 gallons, tank size 22”H x 9.50”diameter||table salt||Check Amazon|
|2||ABC waters portable water softener||16000 gallons, tank size 10"x18"diameter||table salt or rock salt||Check Amazon|
|3||Mobile-Soft-Water Portable||16000 gallons||table salt||Check Amazon|
|4||Watts water technologies portable water softener||10,000 grains||table salt||Check Amazon|
|5||Pro +Aqua portable water softener||16000 grains||table salt||Check Amazon|
|6||soft pro water system||21,000 grains||table salt||Amazon|
Water quality treatment
What is a portable water softener?
It is not stationed in one place but provides softened water no matter where you go.
A portable water softener is best for RV, holidays, boat owners, apartment renters, tiny houses, spas, and Car connoisseurs.
It is something you must have if you move a lot to areas with salty water.
Our top pick for 2021
- Portable Standard Water Softener
- On the go double standard water softener
- Park Model Portable Water Softener
- On The Go OTG4-StdSoft-Portable 8,000 Grain RV Water Softener
- Portable Water Softener 16,000 Grain Capacity ABC waters
- Mobile-Soft-Water Portable 16,000 Grain
- Mobile-Soft-Water Portable Softener 3200 grains
- Pro+ Aqua portable water softener
- Soft pro water system
- Watts Water Quality/Condition M7002 Flow-Pur RV-Pro 10,000 Water Softener
Pro+ Aqua portable water softener is a 16,000-grain capacity that is capable of providing softened water up to 40 days equivalent to 2,000 gallons at 8GPG hardness.
It helps to reduce Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Lead, Radium, and other heavy metals, making it ideal for well and city water.
Measuring 10″ x 19.5″ total size which is a compact design makes pro + Aqua portable water softener the perfect choice for serious RV/boat owners, carwash detailers. Also, the base is 10 inches wide
It regenerates using 2-boxes of table salt in under 30 minutes for maximum stability on uneven surfaces.
When it comes to connecting the system ready for use it is shipped fully assembled and charged,
It requires no tools or electricity to operate and get started.
Included in the package is
· Female to female adapter to allow you to backwash the unit when regenerating without the optional.
· 3/4″ high flow in/out Garden Hose ports with a removable head and comes fully assembled with riser tube and premium top and bottom distributors.
Use with any standard 3/4″ garden hose connectors which allow it to easily connect between the park faucet and your RV, Boat, or Pressure Washer.
Build with high-grade NSF materials; the inner tank shell is made of high-grade Polyethylene and reinforced with a durable fiberglass wrap. The inner tank houses the NSF Certified food-grade premium resin.
The soft pro water system portable water softener is a 21,000-grain capacity. The system regenerates using table salt.
Comes up with everything you need to hook up, therefore, making the connection easy.
This unit has an added Sand Separator to help remove any sediment from the water.
Its lightweight, and compact design makes it easy to transport.
The soft pro water system is available in different sizes which include:
Capacity: 10,000 grains
Filter –up to 4GPM per minute
Regeneration: table salt
Removes: calcium, magnesium, and iron
The watts water technology portable water softener is capable of removing calcium, magnesium, and trace amount of iron from the water.
The product has an inbuilt drain line flow restrictor which provides a more effective regeneration increasing capacity by up to 55%.
It has custom-designed flow valves which allow regeneration without having to connect and disconnect the system.
This product has a full cradle base that keeps the tank more secure than connecting an open base tank.
You only use table salt for regeneration, offer a high flow rate, treats up to four gallons of water per minute with the low-pressure drop.
What to consider when buying a portable water softener
A portable water softener is mostly used for travelers so you need a compact unit and light so that it does not take a larger space in your RV or boat and is easy to carry when traveling.
- Grain capacity
In an ideal case, a water softener is sold according to the grain capacity.
Grain capacity is the number of hardness the softener can remove before regeneration.
Grain capacity depends on water hardness and the number of people.
The higher the number of people and water hardness the large the water softener you require.
To know the ideal capacity an average person consumes 85 gallons per day.
Multiply 85 with the number of people using the softener. Let’s assume the number of people to be 4.
85×4=340 gallons per day
The water hardness to be 10
So in a day, you need 3400 softened water.
In a week is 3400×7=23800 grains
Most portable water softener grain capacity ranges from 8,000 to 32,000.
Hoping our review of the portable water softener will help find the best system to treat your hard water on the go.
How do portable water softeners work?
The portable water softener contains resin beads inside the tank. The resin beads are positively charged and hard water is negatively charged. When hard water passes through the resin the minerals (calcium & magnesium) are attracted to the resin and allows soft water to pass through to the point of use.
Which salt does a portable water softener use to regenerate?
A portable water softener uses table salt to regenerate. You can use plain, iodized salt, or potassium chloride.
How do you regenerate a portable water softener?
A portable water softener requires table salt to regenerate. Make sure salt is ready.
Turn off the water supply.
Remove the outlet supply.
Open the cap
Pour the table salt
Return the cap on
Turn on the water supply
Rinse the water softener for the recommended amount of time.
Make sure a stream of water should be clear on the side of the tank.
Perform fast rinse
The regeneration process will be completed when there is no salt taste in the water.
What is the best RV water softeners
Portable Standard Water Softener
On the go double standard water softener
Park Model Portable Water Softener
On The Go OTG4-StdSoft-Portable 8,000 Grain RV Water Softener
Portable Water Softener 16,000 Grain Capacity ABC waters
Mobile-Soft-Water Portable 16,000 Grain
Mobile-Soft-Water Portable Softener 3200 grains
Pro+ Aqua portable water softener
Soft pro water system
Watts Water Quality/Condition M7002 Flow-Pur RV-Pro 10,000 Water Softener
How long does a portable water softener lasts?
A portable water softener lasts 7-10 years.
You might like:
- Water softener buying guide
- Salt-free water softener
- Best salt for water softener
- Water softener replacement parts
- Different types of water softener
- How does a water softener work
- Water softener system cost
- Water softener installation
- Water softener maintenance
- How to clean a water softener
- How to turn off the water softener
- Water softener regeneration
- Water conditioner vs water softener
- Water softener FAQ
- Kenmore water softener reviews
- Kinetico water softener reviews
- Nuvo water softener reviews
- Water boss water softener reviews
- Morton water softener reviews
- Whirlpool water softener reviews
- Fleck water softener reviews
- Pelican water softener reviews
- Genesis water softener reviews
- GE water softener reviews
- Best water softener for well water
- Do I need a water softener
- How to program water softener
- Water softener benefits